Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You are making great strides. And I think you have the skin tones down pat. I am encouraged just seeing what you and others are doing.

dafipp [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

... Maya, another brilliant portrait! Yep skin tones hair, shading all excellent!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

the portrait is fabulous. It is expressive and beautifully rendered. In fact, it's on par with Valery's work. But there's yet more to be admired here, like that Alice Cooper dude on the left, and the Douglas Adams-esque rain god on the right, and the fabulous firebird-like crow, and, of course, the overall composition of the poster. This is a beautifully crafted work, with a masterful centrepiece.

Glen.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Dale, Su and Glen!!! I really appreciate your encouragement and very kind remarks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I am hoping that by my sticking my neck out and working on portraits that it will encourage others to try it too, and discover new things through the process. It's fun! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I've learned so much from trying these and practicing. Of course Vladimyr will do a tutorial on his method, and that should add even more incentive for others to try who have an interest in portraits, or similar styles.
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Wow Maya, you sure are coming out! Great work. First things that jumped out at me were the great bird, his hair, and the reflective part on his chin... all done VERY well

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

It's certainly inspired me to have a go at a face once I can find a suitable subject. I've always steared clear of trying but perhaps it's time to give it a go.
    Great work.

derek

Steve and Derek!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I have really enjoyed working on portraits, and if I can tempt a few of you to try it out, too, I'll be very happy!!! The thing is, even if portraits aren't really a major thing for you, the process of trying it always teaches you new things that you can then use on other projects as well. It's not important if it's "realistic" or not, look at Risto's and Tao's and other faces that Derek has incorporated in his magical scenes, etc...they all "capture" the personality---you will find your own style, and they are all so interesting and wonderful!!! I'm all for doing what you do best, but also to try and expand out and learn new things...

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I appreciate that--I surely hope that it will encourage others [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Really nice Maya!

Your "painter" experience seems to be emerging in Xara. It's very nice to see how you blend the different techniques and 3 hours is an amazing time.

Bob C.