Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Created spot colour DCS2 eps in Quark 4 Mac : Opened with Coreldraw 11 or 12 on the PC as spot color : opens as CMYK on Mac Coreldraw 10 and 11. Any ideas ? Check files can be downloaded from http://www.starprint.uk.com/corel The files are ascispot.eps and spotcolor.eps these are saved in binary and ASCI data format.
    IP

Created spot colour DCS2 eps in Quark 4 Mac : Opened with Coreldraw 11 or 12 on the PC as spot color : opens as CMYK on Mac Coreldraw 10 and 11. Any ideas ? Check files can be downloaded from http://www.starprint.uk.com/corel The files are ascispot.eps and spotcolor.eps these are saved in binary and ASCI data format.
    IP

I have CorelDRAW 12.0 for PC as there is no 12 for MAC, they open as spotcolor on mine. No idea of the problem you have.

I have had the experience with .pdf made on a MAC in Quark that do not separate properly.

The files, BTW, look horrid, even in PageMaker.

Have you tried resaving them out of Quark in another manner? Since opening them is successful on the PC, resave and open in 10 or 11 for MAC, may work.

I am mostly using .pdf now, even though there are issues, at least the onscreen resolution is tolerable and it does well in transporting spot color.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Hi Sally, Noticed your own earlier postings, have you resolved your problems? We run 2 Macs and a PC and were looking for a way to moves files easily cross platform and cross program. Postscript files looked the best bet. Coreldraw 12 does not yet handle latest version of pdf. Draw 11 and 12 have the same brilliant imposition layout tools that helps in combining different jobs from different customers in different programs if we can make this postscript thing work. Otherwise we would have to place in Quark or InDesign.ugh
    IP

Just curious, have you tried your .eps in Illustrator?

Also, can you cave the components in the .eps as .wmf so they stay vector crisp?

You can save that way out of Corel.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP