Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help, please

Hi guys! The other new computer was delivered and set up on Friday, and I have been working hard to reinstall my EasyPal so that I can get busy creating. However, my plea for today is this - I can't use my shapes library, and the tool for resizing allows me to make things smaller or larger, not narrow. I need it to do the right job, desperately!

Does anyone know what I should do? I'd be most grateful for your help.

Shirley-Q
    IP

Make sure you DON'T have the keep proportions icon pressed (the little padlock icon beside the box where you enter the width and height). That is responsible for being unable to stretch the image in the x or y direction only even if you're clicking on the middle handles of the resize box. Quirky PI thing. I really think they should rethink the behavior of this one. Should be keep proportions for corner handles, disregard proportions for middle handles. Like what I have in Corel Draw.
    As for being unable to use your shapes library, could you clarify that a bit http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif...
    IP

Thanx Grafixman. I certainly did consider a keep proportions box, but will do.

The shapes library is among the libraries in the Easy Pal. Tons of shapes which are used in the construction of objects like buildings, furniture, people, clothing, etc. I'm surprised that's news to you, but then you might use PI for something different. I used to fix photographs and back then, I didn't know what the 'object library' was all about.
    Thanx tons, and I'm going to try what you suggested right now!

Shirley Q
    IP

It worked!!! Hey Grafixman, it worked! I shall be forever indebted to you.
    Perhaps now you can tell me how I can access that object library....

Thanx tons!
    Shirley Q
    IP

The object library... second icon from the left, at the top of the easy pal... just click that icon... whoila, object library...

Hey guys, I am sorry but... I likes the little padlock that allows for aspect ratio or not, when transforming... works great really...
    IP

Hey Gidgit. What are you talking about? I'm having problems with the shapes library, and many others, both object libraries and some galleries, these problems evident when I upgraded to PI 10. Those icons at the top of the easy pal are not directly related to accessing and using anything.

What am I missing? Please tell me.
    IP

"Gidgit's reply was for: can't find it http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif . So, yup, that was a valid answer."
    ----------------------------------

oh how I would love that you were here Gm, so I could give you a noogie http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

ah shoot, I thought I was clicking the quote button, and ended up editing your post instead... I am sorry bout that Gm, maybe it is me who needs a noogie http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    IP

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I never said I couldn't find the objects libraries. My problem is that I cannot use, USE the shapes library. All the shapes are there, but when I try to access them, or double left click on them to put it into a 'page' to work on it by using one of the galleries, I get a window that says it has to be downloaded from ulead, and when I've tried that, no actual bytes are transferred into my easypal. All other aspects of the 'download' appear normal, but nothing actually happens. There are no errors messages either.

What is the 'PI install disk's repair function'? I've never seen that....would you please tell me more about it.

Thanx for all your help.
    IP

I got PI from a box version, with the installation disk. At one time PI was acting weird, so I thought I'd uninstall it, but when I went to Control Panel, Install/uninstall programs, and clicked uninstall, there was an option to either fix PI, uninstall it or add additional components. So I opted for the fix, inserted the disk and that was it...
    Are you trying to use objects that came with PI or custom made ones? Maybe they weren't installed, or installed in the wrong folders and PI can't find them?
    IP

Since I got the new computer, I had PI 8 installed anew, the whole program, then PI 10 was installed, then the patches were installed. Because I had so many problems with it, the guys at the shop dealt with it all, and did the best they could. It was uninstalled and reinstalled several times, acting on the advice of the element 5 team....still won't work.

Somewhere, someone suggested that the PI 10's problems are somehow connected with the speed of windows; only PI 10, as far as I know, has all these problems, hence the patches, etc. Pentium 2 & 3 works well, but Pentium 4 & Pentium M seem to be having problems. I may be quoting incorrectly....even the memory is vague, but it was suggested.

I'm talking about the shape objects library and a few other libraries. Objects I make are stored in the same EasyPal, and there is no problem either saving in there or using them at any time.

Green Budgie, a few weeks back in this forum, had similar problems and I'm planning to follow suit re doing whatever she did, once I know whether hers is working well.

The disk you're talking about.....I had a disk for the PI8 upgrade, loaned it out and can't remember to whom. Now, ulead doesn't send disks; far as I know, there is no disk with PI10. Am I wrong? I sure hope so, if having one means it's possible to fix things.

Let me say also that I first installed PI10 on my old HP notebook and it was working very well, no problems at all. That HP was bought in 2K, windows ME, Pentium 3 - the lights blinked out and they didn't make replacements anymore.
    Then, I got the Toshiba notebook with windows XP and Pentium M - problems began.
    Now, I'm using a Dell, windows XP, Pentium 4 - same problems. This makes me think that the problem is with windows. I've installed the patches PI offers, and I check every day to see when the next patch becomes available.

Good grief.
    IP