Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi

Does anyone know a painless and free way of converting a form in pdf to word so that I can edit it?

Many Thanks

Dove:

I am assuming that you have Adobe Acrobat and not just the Acrobat Reader. If you have the full version of Acrobat, you can do the following....

Select the edit menu and select copy file to clipboard. This will drop all graphics out and grab all of the text information and place it in the clipboard. Then you can paste it into Word and edit it.

Under the file menu, you have the option to export all of the graphical images.

Be aware that some text in Acrobat may have been distilled to Acrobat from a graphics file. If so, it will not be included in the clipboard.

Hope this helps!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

Thanks for your reply Randy. I have a slight complication with my conversion....Its a form with text inside tables and I need to be able to edit the text- the problem seems to be retaining the formating. Any ideas? Thanks again.

If you would like, send me the file in question and I will take a look at it and let you know what you may need to do. My email address is in my profile.

Have a great evening! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Randy Allen
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography