Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

If I create a non-moving image and want to bring back a vector version of it from Xara3D into XaraX can I??

Example. I'm making a banner and want the rounded looking text that Xara3d makes in it, but I want to be able to scale the banner later for different sizes. All I can seem to get is a bit image which is not what I want.

If I create a non-moving image and want to bring back a vector version of it from Xara3D into XaraX can I??

Example. I'm making a banner and want the rounded looking text that Xara3d makes in it, but I want to be able to scale the banner later for different sizes. All I can seem to get is a bit image which is not what I want.

The easy answer is no you can't. But there is a workaround if you have Flash.
    1. Export as a vector .swf file from Xara3D.
    2. Import this .swf into Flash.
    3. Export from Flash as a .ai file
    4. Import into XaraX
    It's a bit long winded but it does work. We have asked Xara to consider introducing a .xar export from Xara3D in the next version, and they're considering it.
    Attached is an image with the original shape exported from XaraX on the left and the imported .ai file on the right.
    Of course not all bevels will export to .swf
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!!dot.gif 
Views:	256 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	532  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Dont have flash...

At least I didn't over look an obvious feature.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Xara needs to create/patch their releases so you're not required to purchase a bunch of other applications to make up for its shortcomings.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site