Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Let's say I am loading variables from a text file or a server side web document into Flash.
    If a variable contains "&" the loading (naturally) stops.

For example the text file contains:

name=Tome&company=Tom&Jerry&email=tom@jerry.com

"name" will load but "company" value will be cut to "Tom", "email" won't load at all.

I know you can replace the substring in Flash so "&" turns into "and" when submitting a form, you can also do tweaking in the server side file so it replaces "&" in the data loading but has someone found a better workaround?
    IP

Let's say I am loading variables from a text file or a server side web document into Flash.
    If a variable contains "&" the loading (naturally) stops.

For example the text file contains:

name=Tome&company=Tom&Jerry&email=tom@jerry.com

"name" will load but "company" value will be cut to "Tom", "email" won't load at all.

I know you can replace the substring in Flash so "&" turns into "and" when submitting a form, you can also do tweaking in the server side file so it replaces "&" in the data loading but has someone found a better workaround?
    IP

Unfortunately, with a string like that, the movie would have no way of knowing what's a variable and what's not. You would have to reformat this data before it gets sent in the GET request. Are you using Flash MX? I think they've introduced something called LoadVars (as opposed to loadVariables) which allows you to send data in name/value pairs, without the limitations of GET. That might be a starting point to get this done on the Flash side of things...

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Interactive Developer
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO