Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

There are a couple of new settings in Utilities > Options > View > Bitmaps which I had previously overlooked. The 'DPI...' setting affects the quality of shadow and bevel bitmaps when they are converted to shapes or exported etc. The 'Never smooth' option makes X render bitmaps like CorelXARA, i.e. without smoothing (anti-aliasing) them. Both are specific to and saved with the document.

The rendering option is particularly important if you want to retain edge definition of imported bitmaps or deliberately want pixel boundaries to be visible. This is therefore an alternative answer to the recent question "How do you export tiffs without anti-aliasing?".

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

There are a couple of new settings in Utilities > Options > View > Bitmaps which I had previously overlooked. The 'DPI...' setting affects the quality of shadow and bevel bitmaps when they are converted to shapes or exported etc. The 'Never smooth' option makes X render bitmaps like CorelXARA, i.e. without smoothing (anti-aliasing) them. Both are specific to and saved with the document.

The rendering option is particularly important if you want to retain edge definition of imported bitmaps or deliberately want pixel boundaries to be visible. This is therefore an alternative answer to the recent question "How do you export tiffs without anti-aliasing?".

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

hi!

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareXaraXaraXVersion 3.0OptionsDebugFlagsHighColourDirect=[0]
    use 1 fot boost bitmap render

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareXaraXaraXVersion 3.0OptionsScreenBetterLines=[0]
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareXaraXaraXVersion 3.0OptionsScreenBetterBrushes=[0]
    use 0 - no additional antialiasing for brushes. Brushes really quick!

Use Ctrl+Shift+T to measure RenderTime. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So!, FAx
    russian ux designer
    faxenoff@gmail.com

Say FAx,
    Yes, CTRL+SHIFT+T is definitely cool.
    But could you explain the hacks a bit.?.?
    I think someone once suggested we all take a good look through the registry at the switches. Appears you are actually doing so.
    Regards,,,,,,,,,Tad
    ps. Uh, where is Belgorod ??,,,t.

Well, by "GlobalExplorer 1.0", I now suspect you are in Russia near the Ukraine on the M2 not too far from the city of Kar'Kov.
    Of course that is just "roadmap thinking", but it does make me feel good to think that so many different people from so many different countries are able to communicate about XaraX (and it’s "occasional" problems).
    Perhaps I should give up my Luddite ways and get a better modem. Maybe even as fast as 9600 baud.
    Best regards (Hope your winter is not too severe),,,,,,,,,Tad

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Fedor,

thanks a lot for your input. However, you should mention your system (graphics card, monitor resolution and color depth) and OS.

Example: if you run WinNT with a nVidia TNT chip that delivers a color depth of 32bit on a 1600 x 1200 monitor, the line resolution will be worse if you turn on the 'better line quality'.

And it appears to me that your trick with the highcolordirect will be only of consideration ** IF ** you are working with a HighColor setting - not if you work with a 24bit or 32bit color depth.

So please XARA users check your system settings BEFORE you will run into trouble - the registry is not a playground, especially if you are running NT or W2K Pro.

Thanks.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

hi Jay!

You right, registry not playground.
    I have simply got used, that users knowing about registry and having there are enough knowledge and experience - understand that they do. (At us in Russia indeed) In any case if XaraX will behave incorrectly - it is possible to return all back) 8-).

Sincerely I hope, that at use of my advice - any hamster is not damaged 8-)

2Tad:
    This is not "hack".. Some overcautious persons from Xara Ltd have decided to not enable these options (which not for all work stably) that their support service is not became too popular.. 8-)

Yes, XaraX good software very popular in all world. That not so strange.. yep!
    Power user use best soft, but power users can live anyplace on the world.. 8-)

ps. Strange winter2k. If it is usual for new year frosts -20 and everywhere snow.. This year, in a new year's night went a downpour and all winter temperature +0. It will be obvious in some years at us hotly than in the Central Africa. And on mine it not a joke... 8-(

pss. Belgorod (Russia)[http://www.bel.ru] lays at 82km to north from city Kharkov(Ukraine). 400K people. Silent and quiet city. It is a lot of trees and parks. Affable inhabitants. He is more to like me, than a megacity such as Moscow or Novosibirsk (where I was born)..8-)
    So!, FAx

[This message was edited by Fedor "FAx" Axenoff on February 24, 2001 at 04:43 AM.]
    russian ux designer
    faxenoff@gmail.com

You can set the smoothing of individual bitmaps in the properties section of the bitmap gallery.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

It permits this kind of effects.

Regards

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smoo.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	18462