Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well I'm sure Macromedia Fontographer would help me out, but I can't find anywhere to "get" it. (Anyone seen a crack for it?)

And also, I found a font (not really a program, but it helps a lot nonetheless). It's called "Combinumerals" and can be found here (towards the bottom of the page).

Hope you like it, and hope i can get a little help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

-fodo

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Fodo - If you want links to 'cracks' - go elsewhere. Pay for your software or use the demos offered by the developers. Links to cracks cannot be tolerated here.

Thanks for the link relating to circled numbers.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

My dearest appologies.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

sorry, sorry.

-fodo

I just wondered how many of you,like me have got more fonts installed than they could ever hope to use? I've got 438 and thousands more on discs! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] But I only use about 5% how about you?
    I heard they can slow some apps. down when loading. Time for some pruning methinks.

eric

I'm not sure. I have over 700, and I do have the same problem as you. I'd like to clean them out some, but I don't want to damage applications that might be using them. Is there a way to get them out of the list without hurting applications that use them??

-fodo

I use Adobe Type Manager, where I created groups of fonts for different occasions.

My 'basic' set, that is active all the time contains only ~100 fonts. Not even 100 fonts, but 100 files. For example "Arial", "Arial Bold", "Arial Italic" are three files, but only one font in different appearances.

Then there are sets for 'customers', 'rarely used' and so on.

The nice thing about ATM is, that you can activate / deactivate your fonts / sets at any time, even while you are working, without restarting the application.
    This goes for Win2K, but I think it works the same in Win98.

I think that a lot of fonts really slow down your machine, but most of all, it would be bad for my workflow to scroll through hundreds of fonts all the time ..

Wolfgang

Adobe Type Manger sounds REALLY nice. I'll definately have to look into that, cause you're right, it does take way too much time to look through all my fonts. Thanks much!

-fodo