Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: sketch

Quicky sketch.

Kinda' cute I hope.

Vikings on the way home in the early morning? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Viking_V2.jpg 
Views:	658 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	3388  

Quicky sketch.

Kinda' cute I hope.

Vikings on the way home in the early morning? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

I really like it. To me these three guys are more like Trolls, and I immediately hear the melody of "In the Halls of the Mountain King" by Grieg. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yea it is! makes me want ta plunder and loot!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Very nice, Risto. I loved your use of color. Keep 'em coming.

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Risto - I have a movie script idea about vikings! It will be big! Think Brando, Arnold and Roseanne! You are just the man to storyboard it! Lets do lunch!

We'll get the Oscar! - Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Very nice and clean. I love the color scheme and the mood. It is ART.

MB.

Love it, Risto.

Can you contact me via e-mail? garypriester@earthlink.net

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on February 07, 2001 at 05:52 AM.]

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

It just came to me when I was playing around -creating simple stylized figures and objects (which I normally do with pen and paper).

It was fun to create, and I hope it shows.

Thanks again!

Risto

P.S
    Ross - about that movie script - I think you are on to something! I can picture Roseanne as the fearless viking chief, with a big beard and a broadsword. Arnold, I see as the insane crone that lives in a cave outside the village. Brando would need a challenge - so maybe he could play the viking ship?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Imagine a viking sauna. In it is a once proud but aging warrior (Brando) telling the youngsters about the exploits in the good old days. Flashback to those times... Central character is Mr Terminator himself - the great Arnold - as a leader. What quickly becomes obvious is that the reason the vikings went on their raids was to get away from their strong dominearing women. Roseanne is the splendedly horrific henpecking wife who wants her warrior to re-sod the roof and to dig some more peat. He, of course finds it more fun to rape and pillage! He and the other warriors (all in similar domestic circumstances) sneak out for some bloody adventure until they feel guilty and return to the coop. It becomes obvious why the women are the way they are and that they have to put up with a bunch of immature jerks and if there is to be any society they have to do it themselves.

Well that's the synopsis. As Mies said "God is in the details". I think it has some potential - just think of all the viking toys that could be sold! Biggest thing since Jurasic Park!

If anyone has a twist or gripper to add please advise.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

PS _ Of course this concept is copyrighted by me. Work with me baby and we'll all be rich - I know how to share and take care of my friends. Oh, has anyone mentioned - YOU look fabulous!!!

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on February 07, 2001 at 07:49 PM.]