Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok, when I export my images to .gif's, they somehow turn their originally black background into a slightly lighter one. Why is this, and how can I fix it?

thanks.

-fodo
    IP

Ok, when I export my images to .gif's, they somehow turn their originally black background into a slightly lighter one. Why is this, and how can I fix it?

thanks.

-fodo
    IP

because the color limited,you must choose the color less than your picture really need,for instance,your picture has 250 color,but you chose 128 color mode,then,it will make over 100 color miss.
    when you save your picture,use save for web command,and choose gif mode,on the right hand side,your will find some selection,one is color,choose more colors than your picture,but if your picture's color is over 256,then,I think you'd better choose jpeg not gif.
    depends on your images have black bg,why don't you make them transparency.
    IP

Thanks for the help. I found out though, that it was my method of work that was doing it. I realized that if you don't select the exact region (ctrl and click that layer), many effects will discolor the background. I see to have my problem fixed though. Thank you.

-fodo
    IP