Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One question though.

If good old Conan gets that turned on in battle with monkey-boys .... what the hell would a pair of Amazons do to him? :-}

I hope there are many more Conan books so we will continue to get pleasure out of seeing your cover designs. They are fabulous.

Mickie

any chance of one of your pix in .xar format so i can print ot out vlad?

wow i really liked it

how long it took you to finished it ???

and did you use only XaraX ??

==

I spend about two week for a picture like this. And I use only XaraX for this.

Vladimyr, wonderful work as usual!

But will you please tell us why you prefer to do this kind of complex painting in XaraX - a vector program - instead of in Painter or Photoshop? Given that they're intended for book covers, the bitmap files would not have to be huge. Is it just that you simply prefer to construct paintings with vectors - or are there other reasons for your choice? Please write us a little about your philosophy of painting - I'm all ears! Or you could email me privately, if you would prefer that.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I am sure that I am not alone when I say that I always learn something from your pictures and the details that you post. Thank You!

I have a question about the way the light rays are drawn near the top of the rock. Have you taken 'poetic license' and removed the cloud that I keep expecting to see blocking the sun? Everytime I have seen rays like that there has been something blocking the sun...usually a dark cloud. I am including a small cutout to help explain my question.

Thanks for your time.....I am always learning.
    Humbly,
    dafipp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	question.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	15249  

Klaus:
    I think that raster graphic program is just substitute of manual art work. And by hands it could be better to work in this technics. But vector program is peculiar computer art. And this completely used computer abilities. And vector easier and faster than raster.

dafipp:
    It is not clear sky with stars behind of rock. I think it is the white sparks around the Magic rock.

Being relatively new to this forum, this is the first I have seen of your work ... WOW! Reminds me of work done by Boris Vallejo ... one of my all time favorites. I am a true fan of your work. Thank you for the post.

-Ed Foreman.

Another fantasic piece Vladimyr!

Thanks for the close up too ... the detail you put into your work is incredible.

I especially like the blue light on the ape men, gives it a sort of spooky feel.

Wonderful stuff.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!