Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: easy question?

I'm sure I should know how to do this, but I can't seem to find it. How can I get a hexidecimal color in Photoshop? All I can get colors from is the windows color panel and the 16 million color picker (besides eye droppers and stuff). How can I pick a hex color??
    thanks.

-fodo
    IP

I'm sure I should know how to do this, but I can't seem to find it. How can I get a hexidecimal color in Photoshop? All I can get colors from is the windows color panel and the 16 million color picker (besides eye droppers and stuff). How can I pick a hex color??
    thanks.

-fodo
    IP

Click on your Foreground colour swatch.
    In the window that appears, look to the bottom left corner.
    If you want to use ONLY Websafe colours, then put a checkmark in that checkbox. If using standard colours, leave the box empty.
    Now, click any coloured area you like, then look near the bottom right side of the window. You'll see a small text area that contains the HEX value for the colour chosen.

TIP: with this window open, you can also sample colours from your current document (or any open & visible one) by simply putting your mouse over the colour in the document. The mouse cursor turns into a colour sampler/picker. This is useful for creating tints & shades of a colour.
    IP

Hey thanks for the great info. I never noticed that before [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] .

thanks again.

-fodo
    IP