Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I have completed my first full website using v4, I have a request if someone could help me with please..

I have used a script to disable right clicking on the main site, to help discourage.. but I would also like to add this to the popup box that is created when you click on a picture, if anyone knows how I could do this I would be very grateful. Once this is done I can go live with the site and I will post the url here for you to see.

Seems there is a lot of people having troubles with using v4, I must say that it is not quite as easy as first seems, but with a little practice it does get easier....

Had I come into the forums before I bought it - I guess I would have not bothered.

I am now thinking once this site goes live, how easy is it going to be to update the galleries as I have more pictures to add??

Just in case your interested I have used frontpage throughout..

Thanks

In my personal opinion, you shouldn't diable right click menus. They have multiple purposes -- to translate pages, to move back and forward, to print, to change chararacter encoding and more.

By disabling that, you limit the user. If they have special needs, you potentially interfere with the browsing of your website.

Also I don't know what the purpose of disabling it is (maybe trying to stop people viewing the source or taking an image) but people can do that anyway, if they want to. So all you do is delay someone who wants to take something by about 2 seconds, whilst upsetting your visitors.

But as I said, just my opinion as a web designer and internet user.

--------
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hi,

Thanks AntonyF, point taken, and yes it was only to discourage the novice from taking... and I realise this is purely that and there are plenty of ways of getting what they want if they really want to....

Ok, that said 2 more things I would like to adjust if possible...

can I move the popups postition at all? I would like the popup to be more centre screen

Also, the prev and next text link, can this be changed and if so where? seems to disapear with some backgrounds just need to alter the colours to suit...

Thanks again...
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Cheers

fivepints