Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where I can find a free filter or action that will do Photo Mosaics. This is a photo created by smaller photos and when put together, they create the larger one. I know there is one or two out there for I have seen them, but I forget where.
    I appreciate your help.
    Thanx.
    Roxy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where I can find a free filter or action that will do Photo Mosaics. This is a photo created by smaller photos and when put together, they create the larger one. I know there is one or two out there for I have seen them, but I forget where.
    I appreciate your help.
    Thanx.
    Roxy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi Roxy,

The effect you speak of Roxy can be done "manually" with Photoshop, using the "BMP Mode". There's only a few steps to it.
    But if i remember correctly, this method produces a B&W mosaic effect, not coloured.

I haven't toyed with it enough myself to know if a colourized effect can be achieved.

If you're interested, i can see if i can find it & explain it to you.

I've yet thought to see a filter/plugin out there that can get this effect. I know that the guy who invented the procedure is asking a lot of money for it. Don't remember his name though, it was a while ago i heard about him. And his plugin (if he DOES have one) i think is only for the Mac - at least it was at the time i heard about him (2-3 yrs ago).
    IP