Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Frame a pic

I'm very new to photopaint. I have ver 9. I recv'd a .jpg from a friend. I cropped it, resized it, and now I would like to put a christmas frame around it. I would like to find a frame that would 'overlay' the pic so it sorta looks like some of the frame is over the pic. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated but please make it very simple. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!
    IP

I'm very new to photopaint. I have ver 9. I recv'd a .jpg from a friend. I cropped it, resized it, and now I would like to put a christmas frame around it. I would like to find a frame that would 'overlay' the pic so it sorta looks like some of the frame is over the pic. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated but please make it very simple. Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!
    IP

Hi inphoenix,
    I think the easiest way to do what you're talking about would be to start a new file the size of the frame you're using, then import your jpeg and frame one at a time. After you import them make sure they are on different layers. Align them how you want the finished pic to look, then select the layer you put your frame on and create a mask (press ctrl+M at the same time) from it. Then expand the mask (Mask>Shape>Expand) around 2 to 6 pixels From the objects docker select the jpeg the frame goes on and hit create object (Ctrl+Shift+UpArrow). In the objects docker click on the new object and delete it, you can move the layers to put the jpeg behind frame layer if needed. Also if you get a space in-between the frame and jpeg you might need to expand the mask a little more before you cut the new object with it. I'm assuming the frame you going to use has an open middle already. If I'm too hard to understand please let me know and I'll try a different approach. You have a Great graphics program in Photo Paint 9! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Happy Holidays To You Too!
    Jeff
    IP