Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thought I would start my own darned thead. I keep highjacking others threads. Someone beat me please!

No, really!!

I rendered her in DAZ Studio with some tweaks. I just don't care for the eyes in this particular texture pack. So I used the eyes from the DAZ Store called Michiko for Aiko. LOTS of eye textures that can be used on ANY DAZ character. I love that the artist provided some nice reflection maps to make them look more realistic too!!

I also added a very pale peach tone to the skin by selecting, under the Diffuse Color area, the various body parts in the Surfaces tab and settings are:

Red: 254
    Green: 222
    Blue: 212

Added some rose to the skin. Aiko says thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aiko_-_GretlyTex2.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	14544  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Another freebie from the Mapps site is the neat poseable chain. Again rendered in DAZ Studio, using 2 light sorces.

One Distance Light and
    One Spot Light using a nice Blue with the Spread Angle set to 180% to make the light spread out along the edges.

For a simple chain it looks pretty good. Along with the pack comes some nice chests too!! The pack is called Chests and Chains, appropriately!! It can be found on Page 1 of the available Downloads pages!!

Name:	Poseable_Chain.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	18866  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Nice one Richard, just feel like I want to feather the highlight one the eyes. Have you control over that?

Turan

Hi Richard! I like the skin coloration you've created, much better than the original texture's coloration, and you got a neat effect with the different type of eyes for a new Aiko...she could even become some sort of Egyptian goddess with the right outfit and a few tweaks into that style of makeup, maybe a darker skin slightly and the right costuming -- just an image/flash/idea that came to me when I first saw her.
    I didn't get a chance to look up those links to the other models site last night so will do that today -- the models look GREAT!
    Keep having FUN!!!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

HI Turan,

Nope, no way to control that but I guess I could take the map into PS-CS and play with it in there to make improvements. Hmmmmm, not a bad idea but not today. Gotta get my butt to the gym and get some other errands done. Have my meditation class tonight too!! Looking forward to that!

Thanks Maya. DAZ at one point released free Egyptian content with DAZ Studio but now they are doing this whole faery thing with the LowRez Victoria but I never though Victoria was a good model for being a fairy. Aiko and some of the other characters are good for that. They are smaller in stature and already have faces that kinda take you there. Victoria is more of a model or even a good sorcerous but not a fairy!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Agree with ya there, Richard, V3 isn't right for creating a fairy -- not without some serious body/face morphs. The Egyptian thing just popped into mind with this Aiko face structure ... and I could see it also used like for a Neferiti-like sculpture...sooooo many possibilities! What's that cat goddess? Bastet or something? I see her gazing up at some statue kinda like that.....and firelight in the background....oooooo...
    --- Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

This might interest you Maya!

MilCat posed with a Baset type of map over it and rendered in DAZ Studio with just the default lighting.

Yea, Aiko, with that particular angle looks a bit like with a head dress and darker skin could be Egyptian for sure!! Good imaginings!!

Name:	EgyptianCat.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	4136  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Wow!!! Ultra cool cat and texture! Yep, these could really come into a very moody and cool Egyptian scene me thinks!
    Nice render, Richard! Just think what you could do with this........
    ---Maya
    -Mark Twain

Just a little side note.

I just added up the following list that you see below in my cart at regular price and it came too $130.00, with my Platinum Club membership I'm getting it all for $11.94!!

Charmed (for MFD), Expansion Pack for the Morphing Fantasy Dress (or MFD) and Wicked (for MFD) all for V3. Morning Hair & Morning Hair Textures (for David, M3 and the Freak) and Fairytale Collection Redhouse Cottage Interior an expantion for the Redhouse Cottage for fairytale type settings (also $1.99 with PC membership. MFD also is at $1.99 for PC members as well!! The intial cost is around $30.00 and around $8.00 per month after that but think of the savings if your trying to build up your 3D content!!

Quite a savings eh?

Name:	InCart.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	18369  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Here's V3 in the Fantasy Morphing Dress with the Princess of Atlantis texture set applied along with the V3 Morphing Face Mask , V3 Fantasy Collar Set which includes the Collar, arm bands, wrist bands, ankle bands, V3 Hooded Cloak which are needed to polish off the look. I think she looks very nice here!!

Posed and rendered in DAZ Studio making use of the various areas of the Surfaces tab to make the colors pop a bit more. Background added in PS-CS.

Sorry for the size. This is greatly reduced as it is in size and weight. Any smaller in either the quality will be lost.

Name:	V3Syandy-AtlanticPricess_S.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	212.4 KB 
ID:	2634  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---