Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm a user of PI since V4, and would not let it down even if one give me photoshop (wich is a excellent product, but i'm more used to PI).

New features seem very promising ! Release 8 has something magical : Cinema4D R8, PI R8... both with a significant quantum leap in functinonality. End of 2002 will make date !

Well... one day maybe Xara X will reach the 8th level, but i hope that we'll have soon news about release two.
    IP

Wow Gauss, this is terrific news... I am in the process of dowwnloading as I type... I sure hope there are some new toys to play with... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

4 languages... phew, thankgoodness we have folks like you around to help us language challenged people in situations llike this... right on the Gaussman.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

26% done... damn this thing is snail pace... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ah man, I can't believe that within minutes I will be opening v8... gotta keep my hands busy, yea that's it... 38% .... ah man... hehe

thanx Gauss.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Stephi? Stephi??? oh Stephi???? ( Steph won't be out to play for a few days... she's went and got her head stuck in that durn monitor again... hahahahaha/// wahhhhhooooooooo )

now @ 66% ugggggg.... 88% and putting along... man this last four minutes have seemed like hours... went and poured a coffee, browsed some more and still... 94%... oh so close....

it's here... eight minutes of agony.... haha... gotta go play now... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on September 23, 2002 at 18:09.]
    IP

Ha, ha, great to see you so excited [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ( already expected that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )
    Let me know what you think of this new version.
    I'm quite impressed with some of the new features.

BTW, don't make it too late today [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey Gidget, are you listening....Gidget...Gidgetttttt.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Gidgit, I wanna hear what you think about it! It's pretty awesome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gaussian, I'm sooo ready, just waiting for the official US release [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 7 Class Information
    IP

Ok, we are installed and have done some exploring... hmmm, this is going to take a closer look... many of the new features are not as apparent as one would expect... looks ok so far, but... stay tuned... I gotta go play some more... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

Its power is greater than ever, and other things have been worked, such as the gaussian blur tool wich is now really smooth. Cool...

http://www.essentiel.net/demo/foreig...scalierPI8.jpg

[This message was edited by Renaud on September 24, 2002 at 02:11.]
    IP

Did any of you people sleep last night? LOL. I hope the US trial becomes available soon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 7 Class Information
    IP

Yes Stephanie, sometime i sleep, and it's often the night i do so... but i'm in France ;-)

I hope, too, US trial becomes available soon. Not that i need it (allready downloaded... thanks Gaussian), but now i have to purchase it. I'm in love with PhotoImpact!
    IP

haha, Renaud, even PI fanatics sleep once in a while... nice pic... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Well, the time is come and past and once again we are playing with the latest release of PI...

What can yas say? PI v8 is a fantastic app for any looking for a well rounded image editor... and of course the price makes this gem that much more appealing...

Here's what I think... it really doesn't matter what I think... hahahahaha

I simply use PI... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] you figure it out... I have [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on September 24, 2002 at 07:36.]
    IP

Thanks Gidgit.
    The stairs were maid with Rhino, the exported and loaded in Cinema4D. There, i set up a simple scene, put materials and made a render... this gave me the basic image.

In PhotoImpact i used :
    - the new color selection tool with select in an object, to make the picture inside the circle.
    - The motion blur with the new "extend outside object" option checked (on a copy of the "this" text).
    - Also lot of use of the on-screen text editing tool, wich need to get used to, but is an invaluable enhancement.

Other tweaking (sepia and so on) would have been done same way in PI7.

Notice that i can open with PI7 the PI8 UFO file ;-)
    IP