Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Jens,

I'm not asking for a full 3D view of the workspace, merely the chance to rotate the page on the screen like this-

http://www.jaxtrawstudios.com/rotateview.jpg

Ian

Hi,

I think you can do this to a certain extent in Expression?

Carol Leather
    Carol Leather

Ian

I'm not sure why you would want to rotate the page. What is the advantage.

I would just Ctrl a , to select all, and rotate the objects on the page.

What am I missing here?

Gary

hi Gary,

I would imagine the ability to rotate it all back to the original position in a snap... It is hard to remember you rotated it 65&frac14 degrees when you are doing it freehand.

I'd like to rotate the page for the same reason I use scrollbars instead of Ctrl A, move all objects horizontally or vertically http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Jawtraw - Years ago I too suggested it might be nice to be able to rotate the workspace. I don't think many others appreciated how being able to do so could be useful.

Cartoonists draw on a rotating platform. It makes it very ergonomic when drawing freehand lines. Controlled movements of your hand are far easier in some directions than others. For instance, it is easier to draw in a sketchbook (that is easily rotated) than on a piece of paper attached to a fixed desk.

I think a rotating workspace is one of those features that if we had it, most would find it really useful upon trying it out. Given Xara's incredibly fast screen graphics, it seems like this feature could be incorporated more successfully in xara than other illustration programs. If Xara had the feature it might help it differentiate itself from its competitors. It might expand the market to more cartoonists too.

How it might work: I'd suggest that holding down a the mouse-wheel button and dragging would allow the 'page' to pivot about its center in a very intuitive manner. A double-click off the page in the margin could return the page to its normal view.

Regards, Ross

FYI, Corel Painter can rotate the "canvas" and it is very convenient.

I agree that it is convenient to rotate the workspace in a painting program, but I think it's less necessary for a vector program. But if it were included, I'd make use of it.

What I would like to see is a way to flip the view horizontally and vertically just to better evaluate designs. This 'flip' function, would not affect the objects in any other than how they are presented. Then you could hit a button to go back to the default view.
    Sheff
    My Site

Sheff
    Do what I do with any drawing I'm doing on computer or paper and look at it in a mirror.
    Mistakes leap out at you like coming back to a drawing after an hour or so away.
    Derek