Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good trick for leaving a button to look like its down state after you click it.
    My problem is, I have a bunch of buttons next to eachother, and when you click on one, I would like it to be highlighted or colored or something, to show the user which button they currently have selected.
    See, the buttons are set to load movies, maybe I could figure out the areas around the button and draw in the loaded movie so that there is a glow around the button. This would be a lot of work though with all of the buttons that I have!
    Any ideas, no matter how off-the-wall they are, are always appreciated.
    Thanks for your help
    Nicholas
    IP

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good trick for leaving a button to look like its down state after you click it.
    My problem is, I have a bunch of buttons next to eachother, and when you click on one, I would like it to be highlighted or colored or something, to show the user which button they currently have selected.
    See, the buttons are set to load movies, maybe I could figure out the areas around the button and draw in the loaded movie so that there is a glow around the button. This would be a lot of work though with all of the buttons that I have!
    Any ideas, no matter how off-the-wall they are, are always appreciated.
    Thanks for your help
    Nicholas
    IP

Here is one solution for your problem. The buttons are in movie clips and set a variable on the root. There is a control movie clip that repeats frame 1. Frame 1 in the movie clip detects the value of the variable and uses TellTarget to put the buttons back to the proper state. I have attached an example FLA for you to see how this is done. It's fairly old but still works.

Good luck,

Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Thanks alot, I'll give it a try
    Nicholas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP