Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It is clear to me that there are enough people who wish to organise their html into directory structures, which is considered good practice. Can XARA not change the code to cater for html files residing in different directories as it undermines the beautify of using such a system by having to hack xara generated files, meaning manual intervention is required whenever a menu is regenerated or new menus are created. cheers

I have also spent many hours getting webstyle navbars NOT working in the shared borders. I see it is when the pages are divided into folders.
    If you have the home page in the top level and othe others in sub folders. then editting the nav-bars in webstyle from the home page stops it working in the pages that are in sub folders, but if you edit the nav bar from a page that is in the sub-folder then the nav-bars will work in pages that have sub folders but not in the top Level.
    as the suppport bloke said you can "edit" the code which goes against having the visually editor. I agree Xara should fix this "bug" otherwise its a briliiant product.

until they do I would get the nav bars working from xara such that all the sub-folders work and then simply edit the top level pages which would keep the manually bug fixing to a minimim.
    Or for small sites simply put all the pages in the same folder (yuck)

thank goodness forthis forum I was pulling my hairout trying to get this working.

one fix I have found works is to put even the "top" level pages in a sub folder and only have index.htm in the top level folder and use this new index.htm as a splash page that does not have a nav bar!
    using FP you can move all the top pages into a new "home" folder and create a new index.htm page. change the shared border on this page only to disappear. add some fancy flash intro or photos and put a link on this page to the old index.htm which is now in /home . I renamed the original index.htm to home.htm and updated the navbar links in webstyle and then as I mentioned earlier if you edit the nav bars from any page in a sub folder then when its saved all the sub folders can see the nav bar in the shared border.
    works for me.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif I am also having problems trying to get my site to work. I have also done the changes that Xara has suggested changing my border file with the / command. If I access a page on the root directory its fine but if I try to access any other directories it fails.

I really wish Xara would fix this as I have put alot of money into Xara Products and now feel that I have wasted it. We do alot with web hosting and development and talk with alot of webmasters. I would like to continue to talk good about your products but this is making it really hard when the software doesnt work on sub-directories. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

I also noticed that the sub menus dont work either. I have done all of these using the Frontpage Add-in.

Change the code in the border (mine is called left.htm in the border folder) to be non-relational.
    That way all pages looks to absolute location rather than the relative location for the graphic.