Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been working for days on the NavBar problems I am having in FP 2000. They do not appear on all my pages even though I have the borders enabled. Only the index page works on my web site and when you click to another page the NavBars will not appear only my page title appears. I done everything that I can think of except removing the program from my computer. Any help out there.

Thanks Duane

duane

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by duane:
    I have been working for days on the NavBar problems I am having in FP 2000. They do not appear on all my pages even though I have the borders enabled. Only the index page works on my web site and when you click to another page the NavBars will not appear only my page title appears. I done everything that I can think of except removing the program from my computer. Any help out there.

Thanks Duane

duane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are all the pages in the web stored in the same folder as the index page? If yes then the navbars should appear on all the pages. I presume the border has been applied to all the pages in your web. Please post the url so we can try and assist you

I do have the borders function turned on. Usually the border function will put all the right commands on every page. This is a nifty program if I can get it to work.

The website is www.theenergyman.com

Thanks Duane

duane

I checked my site and the commands are on every page. I copied them here for you.

<p align="center" style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">< !--webbot clientside
    bot="Ws4FpEx" moduleid="'NavBars (Project)\theenergyman_off.xws'" PREVIEW="[img]_borders/theenergyman.gif?00584CBC[/img]" startspan --><script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script Webstyle4 src="_borders/theenergyman.js"></script><noscript>[img]_borders/theenergyman.gif?00584CBC[/img]</noscript>< !--webbot
    bot="Ws4FpEx" i-CheckSum="61681" endspan -->

Thanks Duane

duane

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by duane:
    I checked my site and the commands are on every page. I copied them here for you.

<p align="center" style="margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">< !--webbot clientside
    bot="Ws4FpEx" moduleid="'NavBars (Project)\theenergyman_off.xws'" PREVIEW="[img]_borders/theenergyman.gif?00584CBC[/img]" startspan --><script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script Webstyle4 src="_borders/theenergyman.js"></script><noscript>[img]_borders/theenergyman.gif?00584CBC[/img]</noscript>< !--webbot

Thanks Duane

duane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you have mentioned, your navbar displays in the index page but not on any of the other pages in your web.

Your index page which is stored in the root folder correctly references the location of the javascript files used to display the navbar and provide its functionality. All your other pages are in sub folders and are not referencing the correct location of the javascript files.

The fix for this is to ammend the html code in the border.

This currently reads

< !--webbot clientside

change this to read

< !--webbot clientside
    bot="Ws4FpEx" moduleid="'NavBars (Project)\theenergyman_off.xws'" PREVIEW="[img]_borders/theenergyman.gif?00584CBC[/img]" startspan --><script src="/xaramenu.js"></script><script Webstyle4 src="/_borders/theenergyman.js"></script><noscript>[img]_borders/theenergyman.gif?00584CBC[/img]</noscript>< !--webbot

(the code is altered to include a / prior to xaramenu.js and prior to _borders/theenergyman.js)

Then re-upload the border page to your server. This will allow the border to be applied to all the pages in your web which will then be correctly referencing the location of the JavaScript files and allow the navbar to be displayed in all your pages.

I want to thank you so much. I spent at least 30-40 hours trying to make this work in every way I could. A simple answer. If all the web pages were in the same root directory this would not have happened.

Thanks again for a simple solution to this problem.

I love the product and look forward to using it to make my web pages much better.

Have a good day, I am having one now. Duane

duane

My excitment was a little premature. I took your above advice and the NavBars still will not show on other pages. I moved the NavBars to the root directory so it would be easier to make changes but they don't work even there.

One thing I just discovered if you click on the "Free Estimates" icon all the NavBars show. The top level icons work but the sub icons or links don't show on other pages. Maybe my sub menu codes are wrong. I am writing them like this, www.theenergyman.com/fans/fanintro.htm.
    Again the site is www.theenergyman.com

Thanks Duane

duane

[This message was edited by duane on November 07, 2003 at 08:16.]

After more expereminting I have found that the NavBars program likes all of my web pages in the root directory. I have been putting my web pages in sub directories to better organize working on them. The program will not recognize any of my web pages in the sub directories. I want to keep my web pages in the sub directories and use the NavBar program. Any suggestions here.

I have moved them all to the root for now and NavBars work on all pages but the search engines have me listed with sub directories.

Thanks again, Duane

duane

After more expereminting I have found that the NavBars program likes all of my web pages in the root directory. I have been putting my web pages in sub directories to better organize working on them. The program will not recognize any of my web pages in the sub directories. I want to keep my web pages in the sub directories and use the NavBar program. Any suggestions here.

I have moved them all to the root for now and NavBars work on all pages but the search engines have me listed with sub directories.

Thanks again, Duane

duane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi did you try the advise from the original Xara Support post about simply editing the code within your border page? If yes then you would not have to move files from one folder to another. The pages in your sub folders would have been able to access the javascript files from their present location

Yes I did exactly what was suggested and it did not work. I used "/_borders/" and even "../_borders/" ect. none of them worked in the code. That is why I moved the NavBars to the root directory so these codes would not have to be updated everytime a change was made to the NavBars. This has me baffled. The must be an error somewhere.

I used to get alot of hits on this site but decided to change the name of the webpages well I did not realize when pages are linked on a search engine and it is changed vistors will not come. I went from 200 to 4-6 people a day when changing things. I have another site that I want to put the NavBars on but am afraid my hits will drop dramatically by putting the sub web pages on the root directory.

Thanks Duane

duane