Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Although the menus with dropdowns are visible and working fine for most users, on some computers the main menu is visible but dropdown menus are not able to be seen. I assume it is a browser setting (javascript? security setting?) that needs to be tweaked. I now design sites with "landing" pages for the main menu categories for this reason. I would like to guide the users in how to configure their browser for optimal viewing of nav bars complete with dropdown menus, so wonder if anyone has guidance in this area. Thanks!

Irene Hartfield "The Webgoddess"
    Web Design, Consulting, Optimization
    http://webgoddess.net

Although the menus with dropdowns are visible and working fine for most users, on some computers the main menu is visible but dropdown menus are not able to be seen. I assume it is a browser setting (javascript? security setting?) that needs to be tweaked. I now design sites with "landing" pages for the main menu categories for this reason. I would like to guide the users in how to configure their browser for optimal viewing of nav bars complete with dropdown menus, so wonder if anyone has guidance in this area. Thanks!

Irene Hartfield "The Webgoddess"
    Web Design, Consulting, Optimization
    http://webgoddess.net

Hello,

Lack of Javascript could be an issue. In this case, you can just tell your users to set their security to medium (if using IE) or to turn on Javascript. However, it may get a little messy for them if they have to start tinkering with security.

What the issue could also be is just browser compatability. Older-browser users won't experience the full benefits of the menus etc. and will just need to upgrade.

Thank you
    Antony

--------
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.