Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the reply....

The thing is I need to put a math equation into my indesign text, meaning I need to copy the equation
    from math magic or math type and paste into Indesign. Math Magic will not install for some reason in Indesign CS, and Math Type does not work as a plug-in. I've made a flash file which I tried to load. I don't know if it is my software copy problem or just a preview problem that for some reason prints like so as well.

I cant use TIF since I need vector objects.
    When I copy from Illustrator and paste into Indesign all is fine, that's what strange.
    IP

Hi Availor,
    InDesign will import a chart, graph, or spreadsheet from Excel or Word natively. If the chart or graph is within a document, and you want to import ONLY the chart or graph, you must copy and paste it into a new Word or Excel document first, and then import it into InDesign. Use the "place" command under the "File" menu to import these documents.
    If it is just the formula you can use "glyphs" under the type menu.
    Sorry for the delay, forgot about the reply to your question
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Default Re: Adobe Indesign help

InDesign as well as PageMaker have a lower screen resolution for saving memory and then when you print you have the linked file that is actually printed. The on-screen graphic represents the actual printing file which is separate from InDesign. When people don't know how InDesign thinks, they get really bad results.

InDesign maybe able to output to the web (everything creates HTML these days) but that doesn't mean it is desireable to do so. It is not primarily a web-authoring tool and have you ever looked at the code an non-web-authoring program spits out, nighmarish to say the least. Trying then to edit it, start over.

InDesign has a steep learning curve. Many people who use it for print are outputting spot color, of course some know what they are doing, and some don't and often the medium of exchange is Acrobat. Which they should check before they send it off, but ..... That is why there are so many do-overs. In addition, because a newsletter can be printed and used as well as a .pdf publication for the web, guess which one they take to the printer, the one with 72 dpi! And with RGB images.

You need to get a book and do the tutorials, hopefully there are some that come with it.

InDesign is meant for the graphics professional. It is to graphics what AutoCAD is to drafting. Quark is in the same category, but you can build a newspaper with Quark and you can with InDesign as well. So you have sacrifices to be able to get such a bloated giant to move.

Does it come across yet, that it isn't an easy program?
    IP