Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: slices

where can i get a tutorial on slicing a pic and saving it for a web page. also for rollovers, want to make my own web page, but need to get these things down before i start.
    thanks
    IP

Hi Pakmn...

The simplest method for slicing is to first, create your site design in PS. Then, use the GUIDES to section off (divide) the page content to the way you want it to be in the final layout.

Switch to ImageReady (IR), and under the Slices menu, use the "Guides to Slices" function.

NOTE: you can also do this too without switching to IR. But if you're wanting to create rollOvers too anyway, you may as well switch at that point.

Creating rollOvers is also very simple.
    Here's a great link to a page in Adobe's "Expert Center". If after clicking this link you get a Login page, then you're either not logged in, or haven't signed up. Signup is fast and hassle free, so i'd suggest doing that.

This page contains tutes on both slicing AND rollOvers: http://studio.adobe.com/learn/tips/i...esign_graphics

Hope that helps.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP