Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: MM not working

I develop with Dreamweaver/MenuMaker and recently have had a few problems.

1. I had to reinstall Dreamweaver and when I reinstalled the extension for DreamWeaver, I did not have the MM icon in the common object area as before but 'insert xara module' icon. When I press on this I am sent to a page to log in and then to xara modules.

2. I have created a button set that I also had to link on subsequent pages and also change the links due to be inserted to other folders (as usual). All of the previews worked within IE locally, but when I uploaded to a server to test live, only the home page has menus visible... The others as far as I know have had the code and images placed into other folders as usual but I can not get them to be seen in a browser.
    http://www.exceleratenow.com/hwt/
    On the next pages I do not have menus and am very frustrated not knowing whaT I might be doing wrong.

I even tested this by creating a brand new menu set with MenuMaker and uploaded the files into the correct areas of the test server, and again... no menus. I have used MenuMaker for many sites and understand the importance to make sure that the paths are correct where the .js, .gif files reside.

any ideas?

[LIST]<LI>

Don't hold your breath. I have the same problem, and it looks like there are big gaps in response times. You would think there would be a good tutorial that details what you are supposed to see when it is saved inside your web files, as opposed to "save your project and everything is golden". Thank God I haven't paid for this, and I wont until they can provide me with some tech support. Seems like a one man company.

Owen

I figured out one of my problems: I need to make sure to copy all files... I had copied the graphic files and the .js file that I made and placed into a folder, but I forgot to copy the xaramenu.js file that existed in a folder. Once I did this, everything worked!

In regards to the Dreamweaver problem.. this is not fixed. I believe the only work around will be to reinitialize my HD and start over. weird!

I agree. the support from Xara is extremely sparce. At the same time, MM is CHEAP and actually very capable to create awesome menu bars

I saved a new navbar and I put everything from the saved folder into a folder in my web. This consisted of the gifs and one link.js file. The program saved a xaramenu.js file outside of the folder in with the rest of the html files.

It didn't work again. Shows up in the design and preview tabs, but no go when I published and viewed.

So frustrating.

And I'm usually not bad at figuring stuff like this out.

I agree on the menu bars and such. It has some nice themes too for people like me that don't want to break out a photo editor.

It's the save process that bugs me. Puts stuff in different spots etc.

Regards,

Owen

P.S. Saw your site. Menus look nice.

[This message was edited by Owen on January 04, 2004 at 19:25.]

[This message was edited by Owen on January 04, 2004 at 19:27.]