Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carved Wood

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hey Wayne - Your axe looks really sharp! It is a really polished illustration. Good to see you've got a handle on this xara wood stuff...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

In the example below I was trying to see if I could make use of Real-Draw's neat lighting and texture effects. The text was created in Real-Draw and exported as a transparent png. That part of it worked quite well. The rest of the image is pure xara. One thing I didn't notice about the lettering until it was exported was how the Real-Draw bevel doesn't go to the edge of the text. I find that a little peculiar after working with Xara's bevels for so long. In the final analysis I didn't really need Real-Draw to get the effects. The same end result could be quite easily achieved in Xara.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 22, 2001 at 09:18 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodcarving3.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	16569  

My Effort

Name:	!wood_carving.gif 
Views:	192 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	5581  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

These 2 were produced in XaraX. It is just a rectangle and some text. The text was contoured / converted to edibale shape and ungouped. Each contour was cut and saved as another .xar file. I then imported each ex contoured shape & the rectangle into Xara3D4 with each import being given an extrusion that was increased by 2. So in total there are six shapes in the finished file.
    Egg

Name:	!wood_carving2.gif 
Views:	188 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	9948  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host