Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon wip

Stu, you've been obsessing on doing a dragon for, oh, I don't know...........A Long Time!

Looking good so far. Did you see "Reign of Fire"? Those dragons are just amazing. They show the age and ferocity that I think of in a dragon, just intense imagery. They inspired fear just to see them, and the film never caused a disbelief, even in my jaded "CG" eyes.

Hope this guy turns out good for ya, Stu.

Brett

Hiya Brett

Ya I kept on coming to a point where I could not create what I imagined in my head,this time I think I might be ok

Reign of fire,ooh ya one of my favorite movies,I have the DVD with the making of parts,excellent FX I was blown away myself.There Dragons were not the kind I wanted though,I wanted to try mixing and matching dinos etc and using the same anatomy and making up musculature etc.There is a company here where I live who seem to do some dino stuff so I thought I will make one which rocks and chuck it on a demo reel with other bits and go calling,I am however not going to rush myself ths time

What are you up to bud?

Stu.

Stu,
    Yeah, I see the dino influence in the legs. Nice modelling on those, by the way. The musculature looks really spot-on (as if I'd know what the muscles of a dragon look like!)

Reign of Fire did their own thing with the dragons, and I'm sure it's better that you do your own thing with yours. I like the dino idea, seems more realistic that they might've existed one day in that type of dino-shape.

What've I been up to? Well, I guess you could say, work, work some more, hey, why not work some more and then maybe sleep. Six hours later let's do it all over again. Oh, and in the middle of all that, my wife and I bought a new house. So, uhm, busy, yeah...

I kind of miss this place, it was the first place that I joined as a total 3D newbie (not that I'm any great artist now) and I miss the friendliness of this board. My CGTalk Lightwave group has degenerated from helping each other out to pissing and whining, so I don't go there much anymore (and I'm not on this computer much anyway).

Hope you're doing well Stu, I had been checking up on you over there at CGTalk, but I kinda don't find the time to do much personal stuff anymore, just not enough time for work/family/house/yard etc.

Brett

Cheers Brett

Thats a shame about your LW forum,a real shame bud.I would still be posting more work in the C4D one only they whacked the upload limit,ya I know get some web space,but its a pain in the butt.

Hope your new house is cool bud and that everything went swimmingly {where did that saying come from swimmingly}.

I put an order in with the "win lotto now please" guy so maybe that will help it better because I will break his knee caps if you dont win...

I will keep updating the images so you can check them out then Brett even if you are busy

Cheers

Stu.

Keep at er Stu, this dragon will be done in no time, and look ferocious I am sure... remember the BIG teeth

Swimmingly ? Wow, that's a pretty big word there bud, somebody buy you a dictionary and you be practicing... hell, I couldn't even spell it right ifn's I didn't copy from you hahaha

Glad your the one modeling this here dragon, way too many poly's for ole gidge to even concider wrapping ones head around... tweak this, extrude that, tweak this, F that hahahaha You be the poly pusher dude

LW forum stuff... hehe, I will leave this topic alone

Lotto... me first, me first...

Hi Brett... new house, family, work, yup, busy busy for sure... but hey, I bet ya wouldn't have it any other way eh? Very nice life you have there Brett... good on ya

Oh, and yea, welcome back eh

Cheers Gidge

As long as you guys are interested I will keep posting updates,but I dont want to bore anyone to tears eh.I suppose its hard to see that I have changed anything at all..

Stu.

I watch for any change in any poly there Stu, I mean every time one looks at a shaded pic one should come away with knowlege eh... and that's half the battle... bored? hardly, it's 3D eh...

btw, here's a question to ponder... Do dino's have viens or cartilage showing through the skin?

Hmmm not sure there,I suppose it depends on skin thickness and musculature over all.Cant say I have seen veins on a T rex but then again I suppose artistic licence would also be cool,I want something that looks a mass of lean muscle,kinda like a thouroughbred horsie I suppose ,whether I can pull it off is another story...

Stu,
    Yeah, the old LW forum really doesn't see any action now, it's amazing the amount of stuff I used to learn there, and now....hardly any sharing going on and flames being thrown...ahh, well, you know how it goes...

Thanks for the well-wishes, yes, the new house and all is going "swimmingly" (I like that!). Kids get to go to alot better schools and all is well there. Haven't heard from your Lotto guy yet (hope he calls soon, I fear for his kneecaps).

gidgit, thanks, yes, I wouldn't have it any other way! Busy hands and a busy mind are always a good thing, although I'm looking forward to my first vacation in 9 months (and we're moving during it) so hopefully I can "recharge" a bit. Only sad thing is I have to give up my cable modem, no high-speed in the new house . Thanks for the welcome back, I haven't really been gone, I always check in here, just rarely post anymore. Might have to change that!

Take care guys...

Brett

Edit----
    Hey, 201 posts! I know, not much, but I just realized that!
    Off to bed now...
    End Edit----

One more edit:
    On the veins-showing-through-the-skin thing, I think this would be entirely up to you, acceptable either way. I remember seeing the "making of" the first Jurassic Park, and them talking about the fact that noone really knows what their skin looked like, and muscle groups can only be guessed from bone structure, etc. I mean, there are obvious anchor points for musculature, and the size of the bones tells us the size of the muscle that must have been there to move and support the size of the bones, but that's where science ends and speculation begins.

True artistic license, it seems...

Goodnight already!

Brett

[This message was edited by Brett H on August 13, 2003 at 19:15.]

Night bud

Great the kids get a better school to go to

Ah well join the 56ers again Brett

Ya am inventing muscles for wing insertions etc,acck ...

Stu.