Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I just turned it in a couple hours ago, and fortunately noticed the same things and a few others before I did. This is my final pic. The teach didn't care for the house in the background, so I substituted a shot of a forest a few miles from my home, and had to completely re-light everything as a result, and got rid of that dark rock texture as well. Got an "A+" on the final, and on the whole course as well.

Thank you all VERY VERY much for the critiques, suggestions, and compliments! What a learning experience this has been!

Danny Huff

Even better. Although I liked the composition of the other image, the lighting is 10x better in this one. Both great images, I'm really impressed!

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Danny,
    Cheers from the North Coast! Cleveland, to be exact. It's funny, we talk to Stu from New Zealand and Danny from about an hour south of me. The internet makes the world so small...

Very nice final image! You definitely earned your A+. I really liked the overall effect of the other one better (the one with the house), just seemed more photorealistic than this final, but hey, nice work.

Keep at it and keep us posted on future works.

Brett

Is it something it the water? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I like the final image but the colors blend too much with the background. You need a little complimentary coloring in the background to make the mantis stand out. Did you try lightening or darkening the background?

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Brett, I reworked the lights completely on the other version which I also liked, but my teach had the final say...

Here's that re-worked version...

I apologize for my excessive bandwidth consumption here... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Danny Huff

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Very enjoyable seeing the mantis develop. Excellent results!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Thanks for making this months dial-up coinage thoroughly worthwhile!
    Been away for awhile. The mantis rocks and rolls with every iteration Danny.
    Reminds me why I have a connection, this info's pure gold, thru & thru.

My best y'all - Wayne

I like the forest background better than Route 31 in Cicero, NY, anyways!

Way to go, sport!

The A+ was WELL DESERVED!

My Best,
    Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

A+ excellent [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The only problem with the second one is that the Mantis needs to be a bit more saturated,and the forest less light allowing for tree shadow etc and as the light falls off so does the saturation of the color,and thts why the coloring of Mantis and bg is making the Mantis indestinct from its bg [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Hey!? Just caught this thread today!

Excellent work on the mantis Danny! A+ #1. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey Danny can you tell us... what was the resoltion/pixel size of the texture you used for the model? Can you feed us any other specifics on your textures and how you created them?

The reason i ask is because it can quite often be a struggle getting really decent/realistic looking texture quality when viewing a model that close up. And one of the main deciding factors of this, besides good quality painting, is the resolution/size of the texture.

Thanks!
    And congratos again on the well earned A+.