Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Often when I create a graphic it looks great as 600x900 or even 200x300, but when I shrink it down real small to 40x60 it totally goes to chunks. I have PSP7, Photoshop trial 7 (will be getting it in next couple of weeks, but can do screen captures for now). Is there any way to help this, aside from correcting the image pixel-by-pixel by hand?
    IP

Often when I create a graphic it looks great as 600x900 or even 200x300, but when I shrink it down real small to 40x60 it totally goes to chunks. I have PSP7, Photoshop trial 7 (will be getting it in next couple of weeks, but can do screen captures for now). Is there any way to help this, aside from correcting the image pixel-by-pixel by hand?
    IP

Yes, there is Doug...

First off, don't resize all at once. It needs to be done in at least 2 stages, 3 for larger scale amounts.

After each scale, run the Unsharp Mask filter with settings of: 100% / 0.5 / 0. If that doesn't 'appear' to sharpen enough, then set the "Amount" to equal 150% instead.

See if that helps.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

and... good news..... the v7 trial allows saving... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

( in fact, there are only three tryout products on the Adobe site that does not allow for saving )

[This message was edited by gidgit on November 05, 2002 at 20:45.]
    IP

Well nuts, I got trial 6, not 7.
    IP

Hey watcha waiting for ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Get the v7 trial and voila 30 more days of fun fun fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP