Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: although

this forum seems to have fallen asleep, I'll try out one more topic.

Whilst downloading pages to study the html code, I stumbled on something strange.
    Does anyone of you know, or has anyone of you ever met the following "tag" in the intro of a table:

mm:layoutgroup="true"

It is unknown to me, and there are two possibilities: either it is something very new, or it is something that might come from Macromedia's DW4 (mm might well be m(acro)m(edia)) as that app has a layout view, in which case they follow the Microsoft and Adobe example of implanting unnecessary items into their programmes, which will certainly be a disillusion for many users who still believe in DW's "clean" code.
    IP

Hi Erik ...

From John Dowdell - Macromedia Tech Support guy - from a GoLive list :

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"...the new layout tables in Dreamweaver 4 do mark themselves with an "mm:layoutgroup" attribute, instead of the common practice of storing Design Notes in an external XML file, but that's because a table
    itself is identified, rather than the meta-data about a file.

It's easy enough to delete these across a site, though... just select that attribute in the HTML and open the Find/Replace dialog... you'll find that selection already entered. Hit "OK" and it will replace that selected text with nothing... poof, gone. You can also set the filter to work across the entire site before hitting OK. Piece o'cake. ;-)"
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which means that it is an XML tag - so to answer your question - kinda yes and kinda no. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hope that helps!

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP

help, and I thank you for looking it up for me.

I learn a lot from other people's coding, and I sometimes fall on an unknown tag or expression. So this made me really wonder.

If it is an extended tag, and can be deleted as simple as that, then it has no real use. And as he replied to this earlier, I'm not the first one who frowns...
    IP