Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That's so typical British! "I made a Cup of Tea". I wonder if Jon had his when he came home. :-)

But, cangratulations to you all! I must admit that I really envy you. Good for Good Old England to have Xara shown to public on it's own soil. Now, we all can finally count the last nights! Yep, it's time for another thread!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SEP25.gif 
Views:	790 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	8721  

Thank you Jon and Daniel,

if it weren't you and the others, we would not even know about the show, the price, THE DATE.

I can't understand why Xara is doing such a shitty marketing for years. There is no info on their site marking the exhibition. Nada.

I mean, would it be asking too much from them to put in a small note for everbody ??
    How can they have smart guys to program SUCH A PIECE of software, and on the other hand do not talk about it ??

If I weren't a Xara-user since the very first days and if I would not really enjoy using Xara daily - I never would be waiting for them idiots (sorry) to get moving.

And what will happen next ??
    They will release XX eventually and then fall asleep again for the next two years ??
    Can they make a living, just by us diehard fans ??

Yes of course I will be amongst the first to order ...

Wolfgang

Thank you to the exhibition vistors who have posted and who will post.

Did they let anybody test drive the program? Did they have a desktop PC or notebook so you could see the program running, jumping, skipping? Did they have a pressure sensitive tablet attached to show the pressure sensitivity?

Did anybody get to play with it?

Any details you lucky people could divulge would be great.

Egg, are you still going to be able to go? Just Curious. . .

Thanks again to Daniel and Jon,

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.

That is a great phrase. and a great looking calendar!

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.

Athena

I'm afraid I did'nt make it to the show in the end so I'm unable to report. Unfortunately we have a petrol crisis here at the moment and as it was a 160 mile round journey I thought I would reserve my stock (you could'nt spare a couple of gallons from Houston could you?)

Loved the calender Mickie, just hope the date does'nt take a dive tho.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

> I can't understand why Xara is doing such a
    > shitty marketing for years. There is no info
    > on their site marking the exhibition. Nada.

I would guess because their marketing:engineer ratio is the opposite of most software companies
    With all due respects to Xara's marketing folks, of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Plus they are in ship mode right now, which scarcely leaves time for bathing, let alone communicating. If they sell a buttload of Xara X, they will have some cash to go hire more salesmen to help them sell even MORE copies, ad nauseum . . .

Hi Folks:

Just wanted to reassure eveybody that i/us is in close communication with our friends at Xara and that Xara X, both new and upgrade versions, will be offered for sale and download on i/us when Xara itself makes it available for sale (you get sent a CD as well). Xara's announcement about the timing is also what we've been told.

Our pricing will the same as Xara's (making it cheaper for those who normally pay VAT) and of course access to the new Xara X material in the new Xara X-specific Insider area of i/us is included when you purchase from us. If you have subbed to the XaraXone News, you will be alerted via email the -minute- we make this available for sale. If you haven't subbed, you can do so in the XaraXone.

All the best

Chris

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>

Good question, Athena (as always, I also want the petrol!). The answer is "yes" and "no". We were allowed to play with the PC if we wanted but there were no pressure sensitive pads that I could see.

As time was even more limited than my expertise, I couldn't fully appreciate what was there but it is still so clean and crisp. Daniel may have more????

Gary's preview gives all of us as much information about the new features as we could have obtained by trying it out. To be honest, just seeing that it really did exist was the point of the exercise for me. BTW, the rest of the "show" was empty, how they have the gall to charge, I just don't know but the magazine itself is good

Jon
    Jon

Egg, Jon,

Before I wrote that test drive post, I had just heard about the petrol crisis on ITN (I think that was the broadcast I was watching I may have the letters wrong.) Then I heard more about it on CNN financial network. I wasn't sure if the media was blowing this out of proportion or not. So I opted not to mention it.

But I had a sinking feeling that the petrol crisis might thwart some valiant Xarans. Apparently it did. (sigh) (Egg, 160 miles round trip? I'd have stayed too! Just wait and buy it from I-US.)

I remember our own petrol crisis back in the 70's where we had to wait in long lines (in the summer no less) and fuel up on odd or even days depending on your license plate number.

This petrol crisis has the greatest possibility of driving up inflation worldwide.

Wish I could pull some strings for you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Athena

I wish this opentopic thing wouldn't chop my messages off at the last character. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on September 14, 2000 at 06:13 AM.]
    Athena