Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It sounds like XaraX will not be available before this show, which means there is quite a wait left yet.

Nathan Heagy
    <HR>
    Blow Your Beef Away
    Cow Comics!
    Founder and Lead Designer at Amuses Me Games.
    Apple fanboy with much nostalgia for Xara. @nheagy on twitter

Hi everyone

I received notification of the show yesterday (8th sept), I'm not a member of the Xaraclub but it WAS sent by the Xaraclub. Having said that I did sign up on the mailing list to hear anything new about Xara X, but can't remember if I put my address... don't think so.

I also only live about 50 minutes from London, but if they didn't know that then maybe the fact that my e-mail address had 'co.uk' was a factor... who knows.

Regards

Su

"If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Why should there be a wait?? If it is going to be available September 12 in London. It shouldn't take long for it to be available here in the states??

No, it will NOT be available on the 12th in London. It will only be on display - they will be taking advanced orders, so it CANNOT be available until afterward (one would think atleast one week afterwards).

Nathan Heagy
    <HR>
    Blow Your Beef Away
    Cow Comics!
    Founder and Lead Designer at Amuses Me Games.
    Apple fanboy with much nostalgia for Xara. @nheagy on twitter

I was sent a free ticket (subs renewal, I guess).Well I wouldn't have bought one, last year's first show was pathetic. So, when I saw the message this morning, I decided it must be worth it after all.

Jon
    Jon

I know, I know, you can't post anything 'til you get back from the show. . .

But that is the beauty of this internet. Over there in the beautiful UK you get to the new Millenium before we do(here in "the states") and you get to Tuesday before we do [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm just being impatient. Don't mind me.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Athena

(you know, it's kinda like you've been waiting all year for Christimas and now you have to wait 'til morning to see what's under the tree. It's way better to sneak out of your room and catch Santa in the act of bringing your toys)

hope you have fun at the exhibition
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.

After the show in London, it's off to Sydney were it'll go up against Illustrator, Draw, Freehand and Canvas ... and bring back the GOLD !!!Freehand, however, will be banned and it's medal stripped after tesing positive with a substance that makes it draw so crappy.

Kidding ...

was £49 ($70 say) as a show upgrade or £99 (new). Well, that's what you all wanted to know (I did!). The download will be available around 25/9 (that's the UK version of 25 September), with the CDs to follow a few weeks later. It still looks very clean but I leave it to others far more expert than I to express real views. This just gives me an extra posting!

Jon
    Jon

Just got back from the show, the full version of Xara X was £99 and an upgrade from CorelXara, XaraStudio or ArtWorks was £49, presumably plus VAT at 17.5% for EU residents.

The lady on the stand said they hoped to release Xara X for download "in the last week of this month", and then the CD will follow about 2 weeks afterwards.

There was a double-sided A4 leaflet on the software, with bullet-pointed details of the program, most or all of which Gary has listed, or already appear on the Xara site. My favourite is "Numerous UI refinements requested by existing Xara users".

Not sure if I should be 'pround to announce' or 'embarassed to admit' I was the first one there placing an order [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I got home and opened the forums, made a cup of tea and posted the above. Only to find Jon had posted the price, and beaten my by just minutes !!