Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I can see with a gas crunch going on that giving the show a miss is understandable. It just strikes me as interesting to hear 160m round trip refered to as a long drive. Haveing grown up in Montana the nearest anything was 50+ mile each way. I now live in Los Angeles and its still 40+ miles each way to do anything out of the ordinary.

No dig is intended here. I'm just making comment on the way where you live colors your view of the world.

Mark

I did see the two PCs demonstrating Xara X but both were already being played with so I watched for a minute or so instead.

It had the smooth toolbar look of 'new' software and the chap on the PC was playing with the bevel (which looked very cool indeed), but other than that I didn't stick around.

I've been to family gatherings bigger than that "Show", and I was so pi$$ed off with the place that as soon as I'd seen enough to believe XX was happening, and that I'd got the order in, I left. There can't have been more than 20 stands there, mostly things like bookstalls too.

I'm told Xara will be making another trip to London shortly - for the "Webmaster Expo 2000", Olympia, (another one in London) on 11th-12th October 2000.

I didn't know about that show either (there must be so many of them!) but a nice lady from Xara told me about in in a reply to another email. Since XX'll be out by then I'm not sure if I'll go down to the show (Xara are getting closer to me - Olympia is only 10 minutes away from my flat!), but I guess with Christmas coming up, a few extra copies will do nicely for presents to those not yet converted !!

Daniel

PS: The prices Xara displayed at the show DID include VAT. I think the non-show normal price will be £149 and £99 for the upgrade

Glad you enjoyed the calendar. I posted it and couldn't understand why it wasn't in the forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] I just discovered there was a second page to the thread!

I wonder what else I've missed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mickie

Yes, I didn't notice that unobtrusive little 'page 1 | 2' thing for a while either, I wondered why the same non-changing thread kept being makred as 'new'. :-)

Perhaps a big 'MORE POSTS' link at the bottom would help. Or something.

There must be a way to view the latest posts on the front pageundefined

undefined
    This is correction to obove
    the word " undefined" should not be there.

Panfer, you can edit your own messages. There's no need to make a new message. Just click on the icon in the lower right corner with that pencil.

(Strange that in this forum, no one has made remarks about the icons. I do find them gros and ugly. And they're not even anti-aliased, as we all have so grown accustomed to ...)

I have to look very carefully at the icons to see jaggies. Perhaps it has something to do with your display setup. I'm running at 1280x1024x24bit. I have an old ViewSonic 21 monitor with a new Matrox G400 32mb video card.