Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi everybody,

I made this picture of my model with a beautiful flaming red piece of jewelry.

I want to convert this picture to black and white, but i want to keep the colour of the neckpiece.

I am new with PhotoImpact 10, so please, somebody help me!
    IP

Hi everybody,

I made this picture of my model with a beautiful flaming red piece of jewelry.

I want to convert this picture to black and white, but i want to keep the colour of the neckpiece.

I am new with PhotoImpact 10, so please, somebody help me!
    IP

It depends on whether you want a sharp transition or a soft one. If you want a sharp transition from a colored part to a black and white background, you'd have to carefully select the part you want to keep colored, invert the selection and desaturate the picture, or use the monochrome filter. If you want just a soft, colored portion, loosely select the part you want colored with the lasso tool, feather the selection, invert the selection and desaturate the background.
    Do this with a duplicate copy of the original photo. So you still have the original in case you want it back again, though.
    IP

Thanks. It really helped. Now I have a nice black/white picture with the necklace really standing out. Perfect!
    IP