Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

For anyone who is interested in this app,a new upgrade is coming which includes render and paint features, and much more etc. that looks pretty interesting...
    check it out here http://www.luxology.com/modo/201/

As I just bought the Modo version 102 as a sidegrade from another app I preordered this new upgrade...the reason also has to do with getting a laptop computer....

I just bought/received a new custom Sager NP9880 laptop which has the P4 3.6ghz (660) and the NVidia Quadro FX Go 1400 256mb card, with 2 G of RAM, 100 GB HD, an external 200 GB Seagate HD, it has a wonderful 17" glossy LCD Wsxga+ display, DVD+- DVD+R DL, TV tuner, wireless, PC camera, etc... and am really enjoying using the 3d apps on this machine which I can take with me anywhere (I use the Alienware AMD Athlon64 FX-55/ ATI Radeon X800 XT Plat. Ed. desktop and its other apps for the PS, vector and texturing work and ZBrush, Messiah, C4D, LW8, etc). This is a good combination, so I think I'll use Modo and Maya PLE mostly on the laptop.

Modo has me hooked!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Did you hit the lottery? You sure have a nice collection of goodies.

I've been saving up for a new Harley.

lol No, I haven't won the lottery -- doing some part-time work is all!

Maybe I'll save up for a Harley next! hehehe I do have a friend who has an older one in practically mint condtion as he can no longer ride it due to severe back and neck arthritis...ya never know -- thing is, the older bike is now worth more than it was new.

I could just strap the laptop on the back and Modo along anywhere! lol
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maybe I'll save up for a Harley next!
    Its an adventure.
    How's your ole man?(ole= object link embedded)

Hey, adventure is what it's all about!

Paul is getting along fairly well, thanks for asking after him. His kidney disease is so far staying stable, thank goodness!!! He recently had some x-rays done though for mysterious pains, and it was found he's got moderate arthritis in the right hip joint and also in that ankle/foot. It's not too bad, but unfortunately with the kidney disease he can't take any type of painkillers like aspirin, tylenol, or any of the usual stuff. When things get too bad it's darvon, so he avoids taking it as best he can.

I can't afford to get sick these days = so much to take care of!

Hope things are going great over there for ya, Mike!
    -Mark Twain