Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Anyone know how to have a button in Flash open a new HTML window with a specific width, height, with no resize, or anything but a scroll on the right side?

Thank you thank you thank YOU
    IP

Put this in the <HEAD> tag of your html page and change the size settings to your preference. If you want all the browser buttons and scrollbars to be visible, just delete those parts of the script:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="Javascript">
    < !--
    function NameOfFunction() {
    window.open("NameOfPage.htm","newwindow","toolbar= 0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scro llbars=0,resizeable=0,width=480,height=360, screenY=0, top=0, screenX=0, left=0")
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

Then for your button action in your Flash movie, use the "Get URL" action.
    On (Release)
    Get URL ("javascript:NameOfFunction()")
    End On

Hope this helps,
    Stinger
    IP

Hello,

If I understand both of you right, you're talking about opening a new window in fullscreen mode. How about opening main page in fullscreen? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Or I am misunderstanding something here.
    Hope, someone can explain this to me.

Deff
    IP

Try using this JavaScript instead of the other. This will eliminate all aspects of the browser in IE but will leave the outline of the browser in Netscape.

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
    < !--
    function start()
    {
    remote = window.open("yourpage.html","","fullscreen,scrollb ars");
    if (remote.opener == null) remote.opener = window;
    remote.opener.name = "opener";
    }
    //-->
    </SCRIPT>

Put this on the page that preceeds the page that you want to be full screen.

Stinger
    IP

Um - if you want your main page to do that, well, you'll need a 'hidden' intermediate page. Basically, you'd have a page which serves no other purpose but to redirect the incoming browser to the full-screen page. The function that Stinger describes would stay the same, but it would be called by the onLoad event handler (located as an attribute to the BODY tag), and would still open a new window. At the end of the function, though, you could try a self.close()command. Not sure if the self.close() would work (alternately, you could try a parent.close() from the new window if you set it up right) - it's usually not a good idea to do this sort of thing, though, because most people want the ability to use the regular browser toolbars. I'd be very careful about doing something like that. I used something similar at You Don't Know Lingo but I used the launch buttons. At first I closed the original window, but that just annoyed people, and after a few complaints, I changed it back to having the "close window" link that you see at the bottom (which closes itself, not the parent window).

Anyway, I hope this helps explain it a bit more...

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

OK

Thanks a lot.I see what this is all about now, but the thing is, that I am just getting familiar with javascript and I will try these things a bit later [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ......still learning .... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Take care

Deff
    IP

Yep, some very important details were left out of my last reply. Sorry Deff.
    IP