Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have downloaded the trial version, everything installed fine, shows up in the insert under FP 2k (I'm running XP pro) however when I try to insert a menu I made in xara menumaker, it says that it can't alter the contents of the page as it is LIVE and that I need to save it or load original...it IS a saved page - I tried several - but same thing...can anyone help??

thanks

I don't know if anyone here can help you with MenuMaker.

Here is the link to The MenuMaker Support page. Maybe you can find the answer to your question there.

Do check back because there may be someone here who will check in with the answer.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Click to make The Xara Xone #1

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mogal:
    I have downloaded the trial version, everything installed fine, shows up in the insert under FP 2k (I'm running XP pro) however when I try to insert a menu I made in xara menumaker, it says that it can't alter the contents of the page as it is LIVE and that I need to save it or load original...it IS a saved page - I tried several - but same thing...can anyone help??

thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

I believe this problem occurs because MM does not like to have an item inserted into a page that it cannot alter and then save. Can you try inserting the items into a temporary local page?

Marc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xara Software Development:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mogal:

thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

I believe this problem occurs because MM does not like to have an item inserted into a page that it cannot alter and then save. Can you try inserting the items into a temporary local page?

Marc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Curtis:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xara Software Development:

thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

Marc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being "LIVE" refers to your Frontpage.... Could be Xara doesnt like that. Make sure your not signed on to the net, insert your menu, then upload it..... Just a thought........

open the site via 'file' 'open' rather than via 'file', 'open web', assuming it is on your machine or on a network drive. otherwise copy the site to your local machine and work on it there, then upload changes or whole site.

I notice you posted this MANY months ago, but perhaps this response will help others with the same problem.

I don't know why, buy the program won't let you change pages that are on the net. You have to build the page on your computer, then upload it. That's what it means by "live." A pain in the butt, but that's what you have to do.