Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

As Ulead have refused to answer the question, does anyone know if BatchManager can be used to apply EXTERNAL *.8bf filters to a series of images? easily? Thanx, anyone

Jon
    Jon
    IP

Sorry, but I'm not sure what an .8bf filter is. However, I have successfully created tasks in the Quick Command Panel to apply Andromeda and Blade Pro filters to an entire folder full of images and then save the processed images to a different folder (preserving the originals).

You create the task and then in the QCP's Task Menu Commands you select Batch Task and apply the task from there. The exact settings applied to these third party filters can't be automated fully in that it causes each image to open in PI, then the filter's dialog box opens and you have to click OK. You have to keep clicking OK for the filter to be applied to each image. If you had to do a hundred or so, it would be a pain in the neck. Still the automation provided by the task does save time.

I've created other tasks, such as applying a copyright statement in text that gets stuck on the upper left corner of an image, and done Batch Task and had all the images process without having them open in PI at all. The difference seems to be whether or not the task requires a third party filter or not.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    IP

Stephanie

Thanx. If you look at BladePro, for example, you will see that the file extension is "8bf"! So, yes, I was talking about things like BladePro. Having to click OK each time would be awful, which is unnecessary in DeBabeliserPro, to which I shall stick. Apart from Photoshop itself, no other application seems to do this batching.

Jon
    Jon
    IP

Jon, we've had some input to a forthcoming patch for PI7. That was one of the things that was suggested. If it doesn't come with the patch. I suggest you go to Stephanie's board and post your thoughts in the PI8 wish list..
    Won't get it if we don't ask...

http://www.photoimpactzone.com
    IP