Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cliff

Take a look at my picture in the user profile or on my web site.

Experience has shown me that I couldn't pull a muscle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Only in my dreams..........

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Peter,

I agree completly with your post. I also have used CorelDRAW for a long time, however I do use Xara X and several other applications to "get the job done". Nice to hear a voice of reason once in awhile.

Doug-O
    IP

I agree with you, and i can see your point of view

but i always like to see a good feature in another application and try to let corel poeple to move it to there's OR try to have a new better feature

I want them to know that the pressure is on

How do you import the path in PP to draw is it by copy paste or saving the path(what format?)then import it?

Let me just tell you this as a fact in Illustrator 10
    In illustrator you can have a vector object, copy it then paste it in PhotoShop, in PhotoShop the object is still vector ( editable)

I would like to see that in CorelDraw and PhotoPaint

Also when you try to distort a bitmap in Illustrator the picture interact with the distort.

In Draw you only changing the outline of the picture not the content, in another word you can acheive real envelop ( mesh) distortion to it

Symbols in illustrator as freehand and flash

I realy want to see the opennes of draw to accept illustartor third party plugins, It is a must

As i said i am trying to evelauate Illustrator 10
    to know what they offer

thanks for your sharing concerns and idea's with me.
    and i wish that we continue our disscuss regarding this issue

take care
    IP

AJ

Ok something we agree on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Better interoperability between Draw and Photo-Paint.

No arguements there, a vector layer for Photo Paint would be a great start.

Heck just the ability to have Draw objects come in as separate rendered bitmap objects would be a major improvement.

But I'm with you on having a vector stay a vector up until the time it is saved to a bitmap only format like TIFF, at least for simple shapes and text.

Overall bitmap distortion within Draw should also be a possibility without radically altering the way it works.

I think, but don't know, that symbols are a more flexible version of Draw 10's smart shapes, perhaps this feature will be advanced in the new version of Draw.

Yes, to my mind these are good suggestions (but as I said before I am only a user, all be it a long time one and may be totally wrong)

Regarding vector plug-ins, that is tricky, unlike bitmap programs where it easy to extract and manipulate the bitmap data from the application as long as basic rules are followed, I don't think it will be so easy to do the same for vectors and their associated properties, at least not until XML is firmly established.

Remember whilst any bitmap editor can alter a pixel, vectors are handled and stored and rendered uniquely by each application, and features may not translate or be available.

Writing plugins for Illustrator is a difficult task, much more so than for Photoshop. I don't know this fact personally but have it on very good authority. Also just look at the ratio of Photoshop plugins to Illustrator plugins.

Unlike any other major drawing application, Draw and Photo-Paint's drawing engines are now practically wide open, it is much easier to program for using Visual Basic, Delphi or C, or internally using VBA. I'm not even a programmer yet I manage to knock up scripts when the need arises.

CorelDRAW/Paint has all the external access required already for programmers, more so than any other application, if programmers don't want to adapt their code then not much is going to change their minds.

HTH

Peter

IP

I think that me and you are on the internet at the same time, i love it when someone reply that fast

But Peter could you PLZ if possible answer my questions

regarding Liks Layers(objects), Clone Aligned and how to import path from PP to Draw

I was really SAD [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

It is not your fault [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I always dreamt of having all the Plugins in Draw to just get down to bussiness

I hope Corel poeple will start doing Plugin for Corel

Thanks
    IP

Sorry Peter i thought i am in Photpaint fourm

ignore my questions because you already answered them

thanks
    IP

To Aj and Xara

Since your post I've been investigating what stays as vectors and what doesn't.

Blends contours, and blends with contours stay as vectors when printed to PDF / Postscript in Xara.

It appears only bevels, feathering, transparency and drop shadow effects are rendered as bitmaps.

This is pretty much the same as CorelDRAW (where transparency and drop shadows are concerned), so in terms of format of output there is no difference.

I have some questions that remain unanswered, I have some PDFs I created with Draw 7 that have overlapping uniform transparencies that are vectors, yet on trying this recently, the overlaps are bitmaps, wierd, logic says that transparency effects get rendered as bitmaps when output to postscript/PDFs but these PDFs did not for some reason.

So part of my long post IS WRONG, Xara's strength is still in its rendering engine to screen the speed at which it does it and the flexibility of mixed mode effects.

In mitigation, when working with Xara X I am trying out things Draw cannot do, these usually involve the advanced vector effects. I incorrectly assumed (bad, bad) this was the case for all the elements of the drawing.

That plus the fact that you mentioned cutting and pasting produced a bitmap in Draw (something I do not do as rule).

If you want Xara's vectors (where possible) in CorelDRAW, then export the file as a 32bit CMX and import it into Draw. This works for uniform filled, blended shapes, with a contour effect, similar to one of your illustrated examples. The vectors will end up in Draw as individual objects, but this is nearly always the case when converting between any file formats and in this case CMX has no internal specification for blend or contour groups.

I still think that adding the initial mixed mode features you asked for to Draw with its current method of reproducing vectors on screen would not be possible (it would bring draw to its knees), Corel would have to implement an on screen rendering engine like Xara's.

So once again apologies to Xara X and AJ

Peter

IP