Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    IP

I was quite surprised about this one.

I don't like it though... too many companies are buying each other then reducing choice.

I used to like Micrografx software, but that was bought by Corel and disposed off basically.

I still use Homesite, but this will be the fourth owner I've used it with once Adobe have it! I doubt they'll continue its development though; Macromedia haven't touched it for years.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Hi Antony

Yes, I was quite shocked to hear the news too and I don't think it's good either.

I think Freehand & Fireworks will go as they are too similar to Photoshop & Illustrator. Not sure about Dreamweaver (which I use) - it's got a huge user base and beats GoLive hands down in terms of ease of use and reliability.

I am a big user of Flash, particularly for work, so that's my biggest fear. I wasn't happy when Macromedia brought 2 versions in the last upgrade, so I still use Flash MX.

I s'pose the biggest overall concern is the merging of 2 software giants and the subsequent limitation of choice and increase in price.

Amanda
    IP