Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gel Revisited

Thanks for the comments.
    The Image was done in Carrara, and was for a real project before I Xara-ized the lable.
    The highlighs do look dull but it is pretty much the way the real bottle looked sitting on top of my monitor here. Maybe I need to invest in better office lighting.

I just posted my first all Xara picture in the gallery. No CorelDraw -- Ok maybe a little, color correction on the scans and jpg resample export.

Wayne Kilgore
    X-Corel user(almost)
    Guam USA

Great work Gary!

Joern-Erik Burkert
    (Redakteur Grafik&Video)

As noted in my recent post I am very new to XaraX and also this kind of app in general.

When I see Gary's bottle my only question is HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU GUYS DO THIS??????

OK. I admit I haven't started going through the tutorials yet but would someone give me at least a basic idea of where to start to do images like this??????

This type of image is part of the reason I was attracted to this software and I want to learn. Even the most basic "start here" info will be much appreciated.

TIA

Paul Hurm

----------------
    Ok - just edited this post - after deciding to look around and not just use my bookmark to the conference pages I went back to the xaraxone home page and found the tutorial section. I will start to puruse this area.

Thanks.

Paul

[This message was edited by Paul Hurm on April 11, 2001 at 06:03 AM.]

Hi Paul,

Gary's tutorials are IMHO the best place to start. I also recommend reading Gary's on line manual for XaraX, the WebXealot issues 16 through 23. They are also on the XaraXone web site.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Paul - Soquili's advice is good. Whenever I try to introduce someone to xara I try to get them to realize that even complex looking images are usually developed from simple elements. Learn how to draw lines and make shapes. Learn how to edit them and apply fills and transparencies. These are the basics of course - but they are also the genesis of almost every xara drawing. Understand the basics and you will soon discover the power in xara's tool set. Take this route and you'll find the learning curve fast and smooth. And remember the number one xara rule - have fun!
    Have enough fun and you can do anything you see on this forum. Really...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>