Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello,

This is what happens. I've set-up the preloading loop in scene2. Scene1 is short and has a sound within a small MC (looping 8 times). On to the real preloader now .., Scene2 : Everything rolls along fine, until I get to the looping frame that takes the playhead back about 20 frames,(within scene 2)to play an MC "loading". Whenever this happens, it plays the sound from scene 1 from that small MC I've placed in scene 1. How can I stop that sound during my looping preloader in scene 2? It doesn't play all of it, it just plays a snippet (maybe 3 loops).

I have tried different sound settings within "sound" frame properties and nothing works. It's as if it wants to replay remnants of the previous' scene's timeline.

Thanks ....undefined
    IP

Hello,

This is what happens. I've set-up the preloading loop in scene2. Scene1 is short and has a sound within a small MC (looping 8 times). On to the real preloader now .., Scene2 : Everything rolls along fine, until I get to the looping frame that takes the playhead back about 20 frames,(within scene 2)to play an MC "loading". Whenever this happens, it plays the sound from scene 1 from that small MC I've placed in scene 1. How can I stop that sound during my looping preloader in scene 2? It doesn't play all of it, it just plays a snippet (maybe 3 loops).

I have tried different sound settings within "sound" frame properties and nothing works. It's as if it wants to replay remnants of the previous' scene's timeline.

Thanks ....undefined
    IP

In the last frame in scene one put a "stop all sounds" command and when you have the playhead return to to start again in scene 2 dont send it to frame one but try frame 2. That should solve the problem. Regards, Bill

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP

Thanks for the response,

But, no dice. I did as you said, putting a stop all sounds action at the correct frames. I put the action in every concievable spot on timelines in both scenes without killing the sounds that were necessary in both. In scene 1, I placed 3 separate movie clips with a beeping sound. There's a stop all sounds action on the last frame within each MC. There's also a stop all sounds at the end of scene 1 were they reside.

Scene 2; The playhead must reach fr #441 before it's told to loop back to Fr# 250 (there's a stop all sounds on fr# 250 and 251). When it gets to 250, there's that small beep from the previous scene's music clip (as mentioned before). It's just one small beep, not like the looped segments you here in scene 1.
    I must be on to something, 'cause it was worse before I plastered stop sounds actions all over the place. It used to loop the beep about as many times as the last beeping loop you hear before you get to scene 2. Now there's only one.
    Here's the file. Check it out.
    http://www.ivca.net/premi/sound_prob.htm

Note: The problem occurs when the wire loops on and off the screen, you'll hear that small beep. Just to let you know, that it's not supposed to be in that scene.

It's my first real shot at Flash and I know it looks clunky and "so 1999" : )
    Thanks, Wayne (one "beeping" pain in the "beep")
    IP

My only last thought is for you to send me the code for the file and let me look at it. If you can zip it up and pop it on your site and send me an address I will take a look at it over the weekend. Regards, Bill

IP

I appreciate it but that won't be necessary.
    Thanks anyway.
    IP