Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: apple thieves

This is a very common sight in the summertime, in southern Sweden - little, colourful gnomes stealing apples [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Those little guys are strong and quick, and should only be dealt with by professional pest control.

Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	applethieves.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	3921  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Another beautiful story-telling masterpiece Risto!

In another post you mention that you use the mould tool in your designs. I can see similarities in the gnomes - was only one drawn and the other moulded?

Apple thieves exist throughout the world. Ask any apple farmer. Bye-the-way, the folk hero Johnie Appleseed (who in his lifetime planted thousands of apple trees) was a Macintosh like me.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 22, 2001 at 06:13 PM.]

You have done it again!

Your style is very distinctive and I'm not normally too taken with it (it's a personal thing) but this time you have got me. It's a wonderful cheeky piece of work! Keep 'em coming!

--
    Big Frank was
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Nice piece of work. The style is that I get a "storybook" feeling from it. I do want to commend you in being Creative with it. I'm sure you didn't hit a slew of filter buttons and ....wheee look what I got. The style reflects your own personal expression about the theme...That is good!
    Try the same theme with a different style. An artist has many up his sleve. That way any book client can choose what style best fits a particular book theme.

Goot!Goot!

Bill Clegg [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

... making this one and everything just came together. It is simple drawing but it was fun composing it and playing around with different ideas to get there.

Ross - I normally start by drawing very quickly with the line tool, then I soften it with the line and mould tool. They look alike because I re-used objects between them - and because all gnomes look pretty much alike... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Big Frank - yeah, my things are a far cry from technical master pieces [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm not even striving to get there... I'm just trying to find a comfortable way to express my ideas.

Your constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated! Glad you found some enjoyment in this one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the feed-back, Bill. I do experiment with different styles and I'm trying to find a way of drawing that feels "comfortable?!?".

The things that I have posted in this forum are about 10% of what I have drawn so far with Xara, but they are the ones I feel most comfortable sharing right now. No filters... I keep it simple to spare myself pain and aggrevation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I get enough pain and aggrevation from my wife [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

All of you!, thanks for the encouragement!

Risto

Risto,

It obvious that there are a lot of commercial uses for your artwork.

I first one that comes to mind is "designer" tee-shirts or sports-ware because of the great colors, originality, and "funkiness". I would think companies such as the GAP, NIKE, etc., could use it in a campaign targeting youth and young adults.

I've got two daughters 6 and 16 and I know they'd love to wear a "Risto Shirt" this summer ... so would their parents. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just a thought...

[This message was edited by John Clements on April 23, 2001 at 06:58 PM.]