Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

okay I am fairly new to photoshop and I have been learning how to make items such as flame text and such....
    now my problem is
    I cannot use a filter on the text i type using the text tool....anyone know why?? like for example (to clarify)
    i open a new file
    type the text
    and select filter ..but it will not let me use any on the text..I'd appreciate any advice ..thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

okay I am fairly new to photoshop and I have been learning how to make items such as flame text and such....
    now my problem is
    I cannot use a filter on the text i type using the text tool....anyone know why?? like for example (to clarify)
    i open a new file
    type the text
    and select filter ..but it will not let me use any on the text..I'd appreciate any advice ..thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

You have to right-click on the big letter T beside the layer name, and choose RENDER LAYER. That will allow you to apply all of PS's filter to your text.
    BUT... it will also make your text no longer editable. So either make a backup Copy of the layer, or make sure you're done editing your type.

Mark (aka theKeeper)...
    IP