Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I'm trying to use a menu with submenus within a PHP program that dynamically generates the pages with a session ID for visitors and registered users. The problem is that using an external script as the one created by Menumaker (for example, speedo.js; xaramenu.js) does not allows for the current ID sesion to be included as part of the URL. Without the session ID members cannot login.

Not knowing JavaScript, I use a straighforward approach:I included the generated JS scripts as part of the HTML template used by the PHP program. This did not worked, maybe because the JS code has to be modified in some other way so it can be included as part of a HTML page.

My question is, then: How can I correctly include the JS code generated by Menumaker as part of a HTML page and not as an external js file?

Manuel

Hi,
    I'm trying to use a menu with submenus within a PHP program that dynamically generates the pages with a session ID for visitors and registered users. The problem is that using an external script as the one created by Menumaker (for example, speedo.js; xaramenu.js) does not allows for the current ID sesion to be included as part of the URL. Without the session ID members cannot login.

Not knowing JavaScript, I use a straighforward approach:I included the generated JS scripts as part of the HTML template used by the PHP program. This did not worked, maybe because the JS code has to be modified in some other way so it can be included as part of a HTML page.

My question is, then: How can I correctly include the JS code generated by Menumaker as part of a HTML page and not as an external js file?

Manuel

scrap the JavaScript and instead call the PHP directly with a parameter of say, a number for the page? Or use a minimal script which then calls the php? I do this here: web page - click on "stained glass"; In the page:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"><a href="javascriptpenG('54')">stained
    glass</a></pre>
    This script then calls the php:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">function openG(GiId) {
    var contentURL = "/php/FindGlossaryItemPopup.php?GiId=" + GiId;
    newWindow = window.open(contentURL,"glosswin","height=500,widt h=500");
    newWindow.focus()
    } </pre>

I am working on the same sort of thing as you for my own site. The problem I have is that I am using phpBB2 and it makes sense to reuse as much of the code as possible for the registered user pages. Unpicking it is proving a challenge!

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk