Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Informal poll

There is an ongoing debate at the Graphics Unleashed forum about the dwindling numbers of Corel users...apparently around the world...who are participating in users' groups, as well as taking advantage of forums like this one and at GU. One of the questions that came up was whether or not the bulk of users are "hobbyists" as opposed to graphic designers in the workplace.

Would people who visit here like to give a reason they use Corel Draw, the version number, and what they use it for?

(If you'd like to see the actual thread, it can be found here: http://www.unleash.com/forums/topic....ign+Challenged)

Thanks for your feedback!
    IP

There is an ongoing debate at the Graphics Unleashed forum about the dwindling numbers of Corel users...apparently around the world...who are participating in users' groups, as well as taking advantage of forums like this one and at GU. One of the questions that came up was whether or not the bulk of users are "hobbyists" as opposed to graphic designers in the workplace.

Would people who visit here like to give a reason they use Corel Draw, the version number, and what they use it for?

(If you'd like to see the actual thread, it can be found here: http://www.unleash.com/forums/topic....ign+Challenged)

Thanks for your feedback!
    IP

I had Corel 4 and just loved it, especially the CorelMOVE part (what ever happened to that by the way? You could see the previous or next frame as a template, it was great) So I bought Corel 7 which I use now. It's all I have at the moment and downoading new stuff is not very possible because my 'puter is a dinosaur. That's why I haven't much thought about if it's good, or the best, or the worst. It's what I have. It does what I want it to do usually.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com
    IP

Hi, Sharon! I visited your site and love "Poetess." If you did that on your "dinosaur," it's the best [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"It's the tools in the hands of talent, not talented tools!"
    IP

Smorg,
    Hi, thanks. I did that line drawing on paper with a pencil and a marker, then I scanned it in and opened it in CorelDRAW and colored it with textured fills. It was very simple indeed. Did you like the poem that goes with it? It's in the gallery under "notecards" it's card 3.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com
    IP

I'm glad you have it in notecards with a price list. I'll keep it in mind for the next birthday/occasion when I need a present for a "real life" poetess [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

Hi Smorg,

I have been using CorelDraw since 3.x days. Around 1989. I use it as one of my main tools running a small SOHO. Currently have ver 9.x and still haven't made up my mind about going to ver 10. My other main tool (diehard WordPerfect).

I certainly hope this forum does not disappear. I have been amused at the 'seeking' I have had to do to find the fine people that contribute to this forum. I believe 'we've' moved to about 3 different forums since I-US days????

Please keep up the good work. I have been telling other Corel users about this site. I would be very sad to see it expire.
    IP

I would hate to see it disappear, too!

BTW, have you noticed that all of the posters at this topic have been the women??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

I've used CorelDRAW since version 2 or 3. (I can remember when you couldn't see line thickness, fills, etc., until you printed!) I use it for technical illustration.

My reasons: It's the easiest and gives superb results. I've always maintained that you can draw anything you can imagine with CorelDRAW, if you know how. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Yep, true scoop. I have always loved (to me, anyways) the ease of navigating within CorelDRAW vs. the "other" stuff on the market.

In my years I have converted those "other" draw program users to come to Corel once they saw me at work and how amazingly fast I could create stuff.

My work can be eyeballed at my personal web site http://www.thefontman.com

Keep on truckin, Corelians!
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP