Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Tip of the Day

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Question: I like the tips of the day, and I am looking for the complete collection of these valuable tips. Does anybody know where I can find them - I checked the help files, but this seemed to be the wrong way.

The problem is that you can't click anywhere to read the previous one :-((

Any idea? XARA team, do you have an ASCII text of the tips of the day?

Thanks in advance,
    jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Question: I like the tips of the day, and I am looking for the complete collection of these valuable tips. Does anybody know where I can find them - I checked the help files, but this seemed to be the wrong way.

The problem is that you can't click anywhere to read the previous one :-((

Any idea? XARA team, do you have an ASCII text of the tips of the day?

Thanks in advance,
    jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

doing a search on the word tip brings up a list. Maybe you already did this,

Tony
    Tony

The tips found by searching for "Tips" in the help are not the same as those in Tip of the day; TOTD is more like an introduction.

It's easy enough for me to extract the TOTD tips, however I doubt Xara Ltd would condone posting them here as it sets a bad precedent. I imagine they specifically don't want people taking the files apart and independently publishing their copyrighted material. If that's not the case and they don't mind in this instance, I'll be happy to oblige.

In the mean time, it's possible to reset the tips by double clicking the attached registry script when X isn't running. There are 84 tips, so you can judge whether it's quicker to cycle forward or start again to get to a previous tip.

Regards - Sean
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards - Sean

Tony,

nope, this doesn't work

Sean,

thanks for the info - so I will reset the tips and check them all when I restart next time!

jens
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--