Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

is now available at their site. See link above. The price is USD $700.

I just downloaded & installed the demo - but it won't run for me. Something about a C++ runtime error & an abnormal termination. Oh well ...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hmmm .... I just downloaded it. Installed it. And started it. It started but when I got the initial popup asking what I wanted to do, I clicked try out the 30 day demo and got the message stating that my 30 day trial period had expired ???

I have heard of this issue with other software demos(including the PhotoImpact demo ) from people but it's never happened to me.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

"The price is USD $700"

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] The price I saw was $79 US ... unless they have a poor and a rich version [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

David, I just tried to run it too - and got exactly the same 30-day expiration error!!! I have emailed Paul Nolan, the creator, and informed him clearly of my woes. That others have the same trouble doesn't alleviate my suffering!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The $80 one is for Photogenics 5.0 whilst $700 buys Photogenics HDR.

Upon investigating the folders I had for each demo, I found it interesting that both applications are "photogenics.exe" (although they are different sizes).

When my Photogenics HDR demo wouldn't open, I wondered if I need to uninstall 5.0 first??? My Photogenics 5.0 demo does work - I posted a somewhat lame first creation in the Talkgraphics Gallery Forum. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

"whilst $700 buys Photogenics HDR."

Wow [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] ...you're kidding ...I didn't see that. $700US is over $1000 CND but I'm sure it must be worth it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ... ahem

"but I'm sure it must be worth it"

Of course it's not really fair of me to says that like I did. If someone can make more money in their work by using this software then it is worth it to them ( or even if they just want to buy it for a hobby). I guess I just cringe a bit at those prices

There will be two versions, a "lo" for $79 and a "hi" for that price which is too large for my keyboard. The "lo" version is being upgraded from "5" to "6" and PAul Nolan said it will be available shortly. For those who've been timed out, is it possible you tried it once before but have forgotten about it? that's happened to me. If you're confident (I take no blame for this one!), you may be able to delete an old entry from the registry but BACK UP registry FIRST!

Jon
    Jon

I worked with the demo for a while, but I think it's a rather clumsy program. I never felt in control the way I feel with with a lot of other programs we have dedicated forums to on Talkgraphics.