Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I don't know if anyone has had this problem with the trial version of PhotoImpact 8 but when I try to install the component designer templates I keep getting the message that I don't have PhotoImpact 8 installed. I do have ver.5 and am wondering if this is the problem or if anyone can tell me what the problem might be...I do want these components so I can give this new version a good "trial". I had a terrible time trying to download any of these extras but found a trial software called Lightning Downloads ..it has worked wonderfully. Here is url for anyone interested [url="http://www.lightningdownload.com/index.shtml<A HREF="]Lightning" TARGET=_blank>http://www.lightningdownload.com/index.shtmlLightning Download</A>
    IP

Often in the trial version you get only a limited number of features. For example, you may only get a limited range of presets in the EasyPalette's Galleries with the trial version, limited Path shapes, etc. You might want to check with Ulead directly, but it's likely that you don't get the Component Designer with the trial.

I've checked with Colwin at Ulead and found that you do indeed get all of the features in the trial. This is something new and I have to admit it's been a while since I had to download a trial since I was involved in alpha and beta testing. So if Smart Downloading won't do it for you, I'd still suggest you contact Ulead.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes

[This message was edited by stephaniebt on December 22, 2002 at 04:03.]
    IP

Thanks Stephanie...actually message says I don't have PhotoImpact8 ESD installed...guess that's the complete program. Funny, I got most of the other goodies downloads and they all installed except that one. Oh well, don't think I will bother writing U-Lead....I appreciate your response.
    IP

Hi Cookie,

With the trial version of PI8 you CAN and should be able to get all the presets, shapes, etc., for the easy palette and also the component designer stuff...It's a fully functional 30 day trial. You'll need to smartdownload the extra goodies though but if smartdownload doesn't work for you then you can get them from Uleads ftp site. Thankfully I had no problems getting them with smartdownload.

[This message was edited by family2dyl on December 20, 2002 at 14:06.]
    IP