Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

How does one create word or speech ballon with a white or colored filled as opposed to the outline object that comes out with product ?

Thanks,

KC
    IP

In PI6, click on View then select Toolbars and Panels. Click on Easy Palette. In easy Palette the Call-outs (balloons) are in the Object Library, then in the Path Library. What version are you using? They could be in another place in another version. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

james36
    Freelanceforums.com
    IP

How does one create word or speech ballon with a white or colored filled as opposed to the outline object that comes out with product ?

Thanks,

KC
    IP

KC:

The way I do them is I insert the text and adjust it to the size I want.

Next use the path drawing tool on freehand shape mode in a white color.

Starting at the tip of the balloon point, I curve around the words and lift off where the curve should bend back to the start point. If you do not close it yourself, it is usually smoother.

Next I go to my paintbrush to adjust it to the paint-on-edges size I want.

Then to the Pick tool (arrow). Select the balloon; above the pick tool you can click on the down arrow to push the balloon below the text. If things need to be adjusted, now is the time. If the shape is not what I want, I reselect the filled object tool and edit the nodes as needed. Take the balloon back to normal and select it with the pick tool. Key in Shift-P to paint the edges of the balloon.
    (please note the correction of Shift-P from Alt-P)

If you need to edit the baloon any further, the eraser to remove parts and a new path to enlarge.

That's how I make 'em.

Michael P. Gosnell
    http://gooseneckart.tripod.com

[This message was edited by Gooseneck on December 20, 2002 at 13:31.]
    IP

KC, use the ez pallette. There are solid balloons there which you can edit with the path tool color selector.
    Or right click and change the balloon to an image object, then use control F to fill it with any color you like.

Enter the PhotoimpactZone!
    IP